Author Topic: Getting June to join  (Read 18695 times)

jesse

Getting June to join
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
I have tried several restarts and am wondering if any of the following are possible:

Getting June, the orphaned girl, to join your group before you go into the bunker?

To find Dave before he leaves?

To get anything positive out of the police station? (I had the badge, which seems to fit storyline-wise, but nothing ever came of it)

Second question. I know the duct tape will be used later for constructing weapons, but are there any real uses for any of these other random tools?
Plastic tubing
Regular woodsaw (not hacksaw)
Can opener
Binoculars
Water bottle
Duffle bags
Backpacks
Multi-tool
Compass
Car battery/ Tire repair kit/ Gas canister
Sunglasses.
Tarp
Tent

These all seem to be worthless, basically. Has anyone found a use for these specifically? Or maybe some other seemingly useless? There are a lot of broken vehicles, But I have yet to encounter any ability to fix one.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Re: Getting June to join
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »
These items may have no use to you now, but they will soon. 

And for the record, several challenges include a use for binoculars.
I know of one where a car battery is required.

Sunglasses are just cool. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
If you have the badge then you are doing the wrong thing because you definitely get stuff from the police station in the prelude.... Keep trying and if you can't figure it out by tomorrow I'll give you a hint but you should be able to get it by yourself ;-). As for June and Dave I've never gotten either of them to join and believe I've tried near every combination (Including avoiding everything to get to dave ASAP) but I could be wrong.

The binoculars are very useful I haven't gotten to use any of the other items yet though.

jesse

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »
Hmm. I guess I could restart again, ha. Speaking of which, that's one that could be useful - easier restarts instead of finding zombies and dying to restart and test things out.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »
Eh... I don't know I was sure to do the prelude 5-6 times to experiment and see what could happen and I think it was worth it because it gave me a grasp of what the game would bring to the table.

benstrikesback

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 10:34:30 PM »
If you have the badge then you are doing the wrong thing because you definitely get stuff from the police station in the prelude.... Keep trying and if you can't figure it out by tomorrow I'll give you a hint but you should be able to get it by yourself ;-). As for June and Dave I've never gotten either of them to join and believe I've tried near every combination (Including avoiding everything to get to dave ASAP) but I could be wrong.

The binoculars are very useful I haven't gotten to use any of the other items yet though.

I used the badge to settle a crowd down...didn't know I could use it at the police station. D'oh. I would restart to try it out, but I'm on a roll right now with my current character. :P
--
Got a question? Message me.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »
Just saying... if you take your time and go through the prelude you will get things that you never could in game past it. Though I got what your saying some items are just too good to give up.

benstrikesback

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »
Just saying... if you take your time and go through the prelude you will get things that you never could in game past it. Though I got what your saying some items are just too good to give up.

Hmm...is it possible to go to the police station and gather items, AND then later go to the gun shop? If the police station is as great as its being hyped up to be, plus everything gathered from the gun shop...might be worth starting over again.
--

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:28 PM »
You can get some items from the police station... as for the gun shop are you referring to the pawn shop? Or just gun club? Because you can get items from both and well all 3 are paired together it will set you up nicely (Personal experience). Though the choice is yours.

benstrikesback

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:57 PM »
Gun club. Oops, haha.
--

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 09:38:10 PM »
Yeah I was level 4 and restarted just to get access to the gun club and do not regret it at all so if you have the patience to figure out the right combo for all 3 (This could take an hour or two if you try every combination like I did) then in my personal opinion it is completely worth the restart.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »
June will never join a player in her first appearance.  But it does matter how you treat her.

I have said too much...

E
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 02:17:08 PM »
Ah, well thank you. That information was certainly tantalizingly helpful ^.^

pinoy_bro

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »
June will never join a player in her first appearance.  But it does matter how you treat her.

I have said too much...

E
Ed by any chance the "Find Friends" Icon in ur player info, can u add friends nd team up with them

-asdf-

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 11:42:16 PM »

I have said too much...

E
Ed by any chance the "Find Friends" Icon in ur player info, can u add friends nd team up with them
Not yet. However it is coming.