Author Topic: Announcements and Updates  (Read 49031 times)

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Beta testing now closed
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2015, 09:59:19 AM »
Beta testing is closed.  we appreciate all the players who volunteered.  Looking forward to the 3.0 release any day now.

Ed
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
Survivor Z 3.0 is RELEASED
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »
Download the latest version of Survivor Z now in the App Store.  The long awaited update now allows you to find and connect to your friends, form clans, and cooperate with other players to increase your grasp on the world.  Not to mention, the newest edition of "Battle Maps" which enables you and your ENTIRE clan to travel to anywhere in the world to scavenge and battle against rival clans.  - You can also make your own custom clan logo, see this link for details.  http://mongadillo.com/shop/

Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
3.0.1 update is out
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2015, 09:24:33 AM »
A small bug that prevented more than 25 battle maps from being displayed in the list view has been fixed.  please update your version of Survivor Z to version 3.0.1 to fix this.

Ed
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
SDCC 2015 King of the Hill Contest
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2015, 01:54:54 PM »
Tomorrow is the kickoff day for an amazing King of the Hill Contest in San Diego. Clans and Players alike are invited to follow me via battle map to the San Diego Gaslamp district, where you will find three hotels, The Hard Rock, the Omni, and the Hilton all within a few blocks of each other. These three hotels are the locations you need to focus on, the official "hill" is the pool level terrace at the Omni (it will show up on your map as "Omni Hotel Roof Top Pool) Players and clans alike are to compete for territory in this area, defined by a mere .5 mile radius. We are watching the servers closely to determine who dominates this area the most over the duration of the contest, and at the end of Sunday we will announce a winner.
Also be on the lookout for a very cool and very lucrative arena that is set up in "Hall D" of the Convention center. When in scavenge mode you will be able to stock up on weapons and ammo, but be careful, you can get in big trouble if you get greedy! make sure you scavenge the area as well, (with PVP disabled) there are plenty of things for you to find. (you won't find them if you are location spoofing, sorry)
What are the prizes? Well glad you asked, the winning player or clan will get a "King of San Diego" Clan Logo custom made and exclusive only to the winning clan. In addition, your clan will receive a battle map pack (5 battle maps) so you can spread your influence. And finally, the leader of the clan will get three level 5 mercenaries to help secure and hold those precious strongholds you collect. So when tomorrow comes, get out there and FIGHT! (See image for where to place your battle map coords)
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
"Internet Connection Required"
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2015, 06:37:15 PM »
We are aware of and working on this problem.  We will announce here when we find the problem.  It is widespread it is not affecting everyone. 

Stay tuned.

Ed
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
Re: "internet Connection Required"
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2015, 06:46:51 PM »
We are still investigating, but uninstalling and reinstalling Survivor Z seems to fix the problem.

E
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
Re: Internet connection Required error
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2015, 07:51:48 PM »
Seems to be corrected after some database maintenance. 

E
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
New Crafting defs: Mercenaries.
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2015, 06:50:47 PM »
Added some new crafting definitions and items to the database today. You can now craft mercenaries by armoring up some of your more well trained survivors.

Add armor to a well trained NPC or Mercenary to level them up.  Be warned, this will result in the exchange of an NPC or mercenary into a new Mercenary. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
"Why doesn't Ed pay more attention to us?"
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »
I hear complaints from some players that I don't pay enough attention to my forums, my emails, player chat rooms, etc.  I hear all sorts of complaints, from "we are the players, you OWE US!" and "We pay your salary!" 

I'm here to tell you, I appreciate all my players, some more than others.  What I think some of my players need to remember is that I created a $2 game for iPhone a couple years ago that was made free a few months after that when we went to a Freemium model.  I hear requests for more content all the time, and I always consider it a compliment, because after all, wanting more is a compliment, and it means people enjoy the game.  But lately the tone of these comments has become more vitriolic, and much less like requests and more like complaints. 

I would remind anyone who has written an email or sent a sentiment to me or anyone about my lack of attention to my players that I created over 35 hours of content for a game that I charge nothing for.  If you pay for every single IAP that expands the content you will have paid $18.  So if you were an early adopter and paid $2, that puts you at a grand total of $20, and you will have more than 40 hours worth of gameplay, and many more hours of repayable content and for many of you hundreds of hours of "real world" gameplay and competitive RPG.  So how does this compare to a lot of video games and other forms of entertainment?  I'm not going to go into it, all of you are smart enough to know that answer. 

I have been dealing with some large personal issues in my life these last few months, and some have speculated about this, and have even asked me to elaborate on the subject for the sake of the players.  The reason I will not is because these matter are personal, and are not something that I wish to discuss in a public forum or with strangers. 

I am going to say that my primary focus right now is on meeting player requests for support and an advanced level challenge for ZDAY Survival Simulator, which will be extremely challenging to experienced survivors and promises to really test a players ability to think on their feet and survive an extremely challenging scenario.  I am also working with other writers on expanding existing content for Survivor Z such as the Ghost storyline, The New York Challenge pack, and several other storylines we have already begun. 

I hope that satisfies some of the speculation around my recent silence, and again, I appreciate all the supportive comments.

Ed

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:19:34 PM by Ed »
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
Accumulating items in inventory
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
It recently came to my attention after one of our more ardent survivors came to me with log in problems that some players may be under the impression that the point of Survivor Z is to accumulate as many items as possible, and create caches full of these items all around.  That would be a fun game, and I may someday sit down and design that one, and when I do I will call it something like: "Packrat" or "Hoarder".  Although that would be fun, I would like to remind all players that this game is called "Survivor Z", and as the name implies, Survival is the name of the game.  The player I am referring to shall remain anonymous, but he had collected over 41,000 items, and it was causing his player profile to be so big that the data was failing to load upon log in, and we had to make changes to our back end server scripts to accommodate his hulking collection. So to all players who have 125 claw hammers, 236 sewing kits, and 348 pocket knives, I would like to suggest that you lighten your load.  I don't feel that I should really have to tell any of you that if you ever find yourself in a real post-apoc situation that you would never find a practical use for this kind of collection of household items, nor would it benefit you to try and accumulate this much baggage.  Survival means staying agile, being smart, and keeping your powder dry. 
So if you're a hoarder, I want you to go to your safe house and throw our all but 1 or two of all these household items. And when you find something you don't need, don't pick it up. What's the worst thing that could happen?  The world has already ended. ;)

- Ed   
Bring on The Dead