Author Topic: Announcements and Updates  (Read 50252 times)

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Announcements and Updates
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
Hey everyone, I appreciate the feedback and bug reports.  I even appreciate the complaints that you want more, because that means you enjoy the game.  I wanted to say though that although we are released, this game is very much in Beta from my perspective, we have a lot of real world challenges, and we rely on our player community to help us by letting us know what works and what doesn't. 

But if you have a problem, or a complaint, please post it here and we can try to get it sorted out.  We rely on these early days to get on our feet and get running.  We are working literally around the clock to get updates, fixes and features implemented.  So please don't give us a bad review and one star rating just because you feel like you can't find enough content sitting on your couch.  Or if you have a friend who is complaining about not enough new encounters, try reminding them that this is a mobile game, it only works on mobile devices for a reason.  We have hundreds of challenges out there, and just because you don't leave home doesn't mean our game deserves a bad review. 

Remember, if the world ended tomorrow, and you had to scavenge to survive, you wouldn't last long if you never left home.

We respect our players, we ask for the same. 

Thanks
E
Bring on The Dead

SlipperyJim

• Bathe in pepper sauce to give Zack heartburn!
Re: Announcements and Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:54:57 PM »
With respect, I don't have any objection to the stated mechanics of the game. Other games can be played on my couch. Survivor Z will require me to go walkabout. No problem! :)

Also with respect, the current "beta" state of the game is quite frustrating for me. I'm stuck with the black-screen-then-crash bug at the end of the "Clapboard House" challenge. Even before that, I was falling victim to the ever-longer searching delays. You have said that you're working on fixes, and I believe you. Therefore, I'm stalking the forums and checking the App Store for updates. :)

I hope my response doesn't seem too negative. This game has a lot of potential, and I'm looking forward to playing again as soon as some of the current problems are fixed. Z-Day is a terrific game. Survivor Z has the potential to be even better. Thank you for both of them!

MacheteMachete

• Welcome to the Big House! - Interactive Challenge
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »
Hey guys if you check some of the other threads you will see that this is addressed multiple times. You do not need 7 sunglasses and 8 blankets. The black screen is caused by a bogged down inventory. Make some cuts to your roster.
Chop, Chop, let's go!

SlipperyJim

• Bathe in pepper sauce to give Zack heartburn!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:23:52 PM »
Yes, I've seen that same suggestion made on other threads.  I have two objections to it:
  • The devs have told us that everything will be useful eventually. I don't want to throw away things that will be useful eventually. If purging my inventory was the only way I could keep playing, I'd do it. However, since the devs have also told us that they have a "fix" coming for the inventory issues, I prefer to simply wait for the fix.
  • Actually, I have done a little bit of inventory purging, and I'm still stuck on the "Clapboard House" challenge. I don't want to purge more because of the above point, but I did throw away a few things to see if it would help. It didn't help.

MacheteMachete

• Welcome to the Big House! - Interactive Challenge
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »
Well then maybe try restarting? The next patch is coming soon but it won't help you today or tomorrow. You can probably get to where you were in no time. Please refer to the Wakers Frozen thread as it has the info you are waiting to hear.

But for the sake of a counterpoint... If you have 7 blankets... Just keep one. Clean up the roster that way. Not a total burn.
Chop, Chop, let's go!

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »
He has a point though restarting can be a great asset.... I restarted and then found so much on my alt that I actually restarted on my main, I know it sounds rather frustrating but I highly suggest doing it. It passes time, teaches you about the game and allows you to kinda roll the dice until you get what you want most. I think it's a good thing to do and can only help you.

Allaestre

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »
Can you guys list the changes you did on every patch? I notice that it's way harder to gain "skill bonus" for melee (maybe ballistic also). Not sure if this is a bug or a fix?

Usually I'd have at least 4 bonus by lvl 2, and 13-ish by lvl 3. Now, I only have 1 points by lvl 2.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 09:35:28 PM »
by usually do you mean in other games? I believe it's meant to be a slow progression because I don't think there is a level cap in this game.

Allaestre

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:59:20 AM »
By "usually" i mean the 10+ replay I did before the 1.1 patch. Which I get the skill bonus easier.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 07:18:51 AM »
Really? Well I guess they lowered it because I'm level 4 and only have +4 bonus for melee.

ryan

• ZDay Code Ninja
  • Administrator
  • Admin - Dev
    • Three Jacks Software
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »
Can you guys list the changes you did on every patch? I notice that it's way harder to gain "skill bonus" for melee (maybe ballistic also). Not sure if this is a bug or a fix?

Usually I'd have at least 4 bonus by lvl 2, and 13-ish by lvl 3. Now, I only have 1 points by lvl 2.

I think Ed mentioned this on one of the other threads, but we did some tweaking of skill bonus modifiers a few days after launch.  Your skill values are still the same but the modifiers were lowered.  This was an across the board change regardless of player level. I started a server updates thread where the plan was to post information like this, but the thread was started after we made that change.  Going forward we'll do our best to keep this information updated. 

Ryan

Allaestre

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »

I think Ed mentioned this on one of the other threads, but we did some tweaking of skill bonus modifiers a few days after launch.  Your skill values are still the same but the modifiers were lowered.  This was an across the board change regardless of player level. I started a server updates thread where the plan was to post information like this, but the thread was started after we made that change.  Going forward we'll do our best to keep this information updated. 

Ryan

You're awesome :D

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 04:44:46 PM »
I'd like to share a little treat with the player community.  This is the M67 Fragmentation Grenade, which is significant for a couple reasons, one, its awesome and blows up a whole bunch of stuff, but it's also significant because it represents a big change in the fighting module of our game.  We are now supporting explosive weapon types.  They can knock multiple opponents down from "attack mode" back to "advance mode", they can reduce the initiative of multiple opponents, and obviously, kill multiple opponents. 

This is a big deal, and a sign of things to come.  All in version 2.0 in a couple weeks. 

Ed

Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 11:02:43 PM »
Thats just a tiny thing, there is so much more. 

E
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 05:23:49 AM »
looks like I'll need to break out the .50 whenever fighting people now. Can't take the chance of getting close to one of those.