Author Topic: Version 1.0.0 of public ZDAY Writer released!  (Read 5603 times)

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Version 1.0.0 of public ZDAY Writer released!
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »
A giant sigh of "finally" was heard all over the world today, when we published our very first PUBLIC version of the writing tool that we have been developing and using for over a year.  You can now find it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10832022/ZDayWriterPublic_1.0.0.zip.

You need to have access to a macintosh Computer to use our writing tool. 

if you have already written some challenges in Inklewriter, don;t despair, just follow these easy steps to IMPORT your existing story into the writer. 

1. Share your file, and open the shared link in a browser window, it will look something like this:
http://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/mg56

2. In the address bar, simply add the extension ".json" (no quotes) and then hit return.  You will then see the native JSON file.  (it will look like a bunch of almost unreadable text)

3. Select all that ugly text, and copy it to a text file. 

4. name the file anything you want, and save the file as "my_file.json" (must have .json extension)

5. launch the writing tool, and open your file. 

The writing tool will tell you exactly what is wrong with your formatting, and will allow you to publish stories that are actually ready for inclusion and publication.  We are accepting stories from the Survivor Community, and we will be announcing what stories will be included.  Believe it or not, we even PAY for stories that are long enough and of a certain caliber.  But do not take that to mean that if you write a story we will buy it.  If you write a story and we like it, we may buy it, but we will contact you first to make sure we can make a deal, either free or compensated publication.

The help file in the Writer is important to use.  We will be publishing a writers guide to help get you started as well. 

Get out there and check it out, we look forward to seeing your feedback and your stories!!

Ed
Bring on The Dead

bone_breaker

• If you don't have armor, find some.
Re: Version 1.0.0 of public ZDAY Writer released!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 12:21:21 AM »
Oh ok, that's cool, but can you also link us to where we can get the extension for .json? Trying to do this with textedit.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:38:32 AM by bone_breaker »

feadays2die

• The battle is already won.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
Ed, will there ever be a version of the public writer tool that can be used while not on a macintosh computer?
The battle is already won.

FERGUSON

• I am become death; destroyer of worlds.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 11:58:51 AM »
Just a suggestion, but you may be able to generate a little revenue by releasing this software on the app store. You can charge a dollar or so to filter out the spammers, or just poor writers in general.

I'd like to write for you guys, but there's no way I can afford to buy a mac unless the compensation for stories of a certain caliber and length are very substantial.

Ferguson
And though I walk in the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for the Lord is my shepherd, and he provided me with 17 NPCs; I shall not want.

Aram

• You cannot fight that which does not exist.
    • SurvivorZ Hub
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »
Just a suggestion, but you may be able to generate a little revenue by releasing this software on the app store. You can charge a dollar or so to filter out the spammers, or just poor writers in general.

I'd like to write for you guys, but there's no way I can afford to buy a mac unless the compensation for stories of a certain caliber and length are very substantial.

Ferguson

The writer is pretty broken, and it seems like Mongadillo doesn't use user submitted stories.
Freedom Outpost - There's a reason why we rule the city passes.
Join us: http://palringo.com/i/AcRVRQ/AKVcmA
To find out more about us, click here.