A giant sigh of "finally" was heard all over the world today, when we published our very first PUBLIC version of the writing tool that we have been developing and using for over a year. You can now find it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10832022/ZDayWriterPublic_1.0.0.zip
You need to have access to a macintosh Computer to use our writing tool.
if you have already written some challenges in Inklewriter, don;t despair, just follow these easy steps to IMPORT your existing story into the writer.
1. Share your file, and open the shared link in a browser window, it will look something like this:http://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/mg56
2. In the address bar, simply add the extension ".json" (no quotes) and then hit return. You will then see the native JSON file. (it will look like a bunch of almost unreadable text)
3. Select all that ugly text, and copy it to a text file.
4. name the file anything you want, and save the file as "my_file.json" (must have .json extension)
5. launch the writing tool, and open your file.
The writing tool will tell you exactly what is wrong with your formatting, and will allow you to publish stories that are actually ready for inclusion and publication. We are accepting stories from the Survivor Community, and we will be announcing what stories will be included. Believe it or not, we even PAY for stories that are long enough and of a certain caliber. But do not take that to mean that if you write a story we will buy it. If you write a story and we like it, we may buy it, but we will contact you first to make sure we can make a deal, either free or compensated publication.
The help file in the Writer is important to use. We will be publishing a writers guide to help get you started as well.
Get out there and check it out, we look forward to seeing your feedback and your stories!!