Author Topic: Survivor's Guide To The Apocalypse  (Read 23854 times)

TheSurvivor

Re: Survivor's Guide To The Apocalypse
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2015, 07:16:18 AM »
Today went from bad to worse...
It started out fairly normal, everyone was happy, and Thaddeus was showing Haiden how to use an automatic shotgun.  Keagen was hanging out with koari. And jackie, Christina, and gabby were hanging out. We headed to an old prison,we found a man named Henry and took him with us. As we were about to assault a building, Thaddeus' weapon malfunctions, and all of a sudden we are forced to fight our way out. We were being shot at, when Thaddeus gets the "genius" idea to toss a grenade I had on my belt. Super load, it managed to let us escape, but we ended up wasting some ammo, and a grenade, not to mention our new friend Henry had a nasty gunshot wound on his side

JamesRoger

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2015, 08:35:49 PM »
It has been 23 days since the White Deer was overrun.I was exhausted after I backed home from Shanghai,so today I just stayed in my sweet safe house.Dave and Mike have gone out to gather supplies,for I was too tired to do it.I took out my photo album.
"What's it?" A curious voice——Van moved to my side.
She got the answer as soon as I turn the cover gently.Yeah,all these are 'bout my mates during my junior.

JamesRoger

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2015, 08:53:47 PM »
*Next*
First photo is for the whole class and our teachers.I pasted it behind the cover.
Snow,on the first page.Her skinny body is just like the Latin girlies.For me,she's the most good-looking,impressive,charming.Always reaches me,no misunderstanding between us.I believe she'll be my one.Jesus,always keep her away from the undead.
Tina,her best neighbor and friend.

JamesRoger

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2015, 09:34:11 PM »
Bob,we called him "historian".He reads the articles about zeds very often.Best friend of mine.His head looks like a missle,or something burning(though the hair is black).His latest text showed he's now at the port,with some Navy soldiers.Sightseeing at the Dragon Harbor is pretty good,he said.

Jack craft

• back the frick up for you get smacked the frick up
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2015, 10:43:14 PM »
It's been a while.

For the first time in over a year I had full nights rest. Over all this time my group has grown pretty large and we're pretty much set survive for the next year. Even now with all these people around me I still feel alone. It's just a feeling that can't be filled atleast not by them. I spent a long time in that bunker just to come out to a cruel world. I was not fully prepared to survive but myself I managed to not die for about 3 months until I found him. Dave my long time friend I wasn't able to find him before the outbreak and I thought by now he was dead. He was holed up in an old bus and was reluctant to join me. It was much better with him until the house. We came to an house with a lot of good looking loot down in a collapsed basement. We made our way down there when our rope fell. An annoying kid dropped his rope while trying to get us to give home our stuff so we made it out. But how I don't know but there were just so many zeds I didn't know what to do we tried to escape but Dave did not make it out. I can't forgive myself for that. I waited and waited till I just had to move on.

Page 1
When i goez a slay'n I listen to hello sunshine

JamesRoger

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2015, 05:41:16 PM »
Koo,among my classmates,he lives the nearest to me.He's very prescient.He left with his parents before the plague hit here.His latest text showed that his family is in Taishun,a small county in the mountains,no infections there.

JamesRoger

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »
Summer,our last class monitor,is an Inner-Mongolian girl.She may survive for she's muscled,and eighteen months' armor training.It was reported that she once appeared in a e-mall on Levant Rd.,with a group of four.

JamesRoger

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2015, 03:56:35 AM »
Day 24
I suggested to set off to the Rhode Is.to rob some strongholds.
Van,Dave,Vicky,Mike,Keegan,even my new dog Toby nodded.
However,we were all regretted when we struggled back to home.The first fortress we met there was empty,then we left for the next one.I foresaw that we will meet the traps in the next,but unexpectedly, it was completely a nightmare.
We fell into the tiger trap...Toby was trembling...heard Vicky screaming as the spikes scratch her skin...
We finally squeezed out destructively.

MrSandS

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2015, 05:24:25 PM »
Day 2 I still have no idea what I'm doing

Lillian

• Who said a girl can't fight
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2015, 08:22:27 AM »
Day 82 above ground,
I made it to Hawaii with a little fuel left in my boat. Everything is gone here, Pearl Harbor the worlds largest naval base is nothing but rubble and the docks abandoned. Corpses scatter all along the roads,beaches, and in the ocean for the sea life to eat.
Day 83 above ground,
I met a group of survivors, they were very friendly. They told me what happened here, it appears a passenger on a plane got the virus and everything went to hell there. They joined my group saying that they would like to stick with other people to be safe. They told us there is a resort good for a stronghold where the power still works so we are heading there now.
Day 84 above ground,
We made to the resort and what a horrific sight. Parents,children, and elderly dead everywhere it was a sad sight. We made our way to the 5th floor to a room with 3 beds and decided to hold up here. We might stay here a couple more days before we depart but we need more fuel first.
I came here to kill zombies and chew bubblegum, but I'm all out of bubblegum!

BladeSanity

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2015, 09:03:58 PM »
Day 168

Haven't wrote recently. I woke early this morning to do a few chores around our fort. There were plenty of repairs to make from the occasional walker trespassing in our territory. The day was pretty dreary until I heard a call ring out from the entrance we made at the neighborhood entrance, barricaded with barbed and concrete walls. I looked from the outlook me and Arthur made to oversee the fort. Outside we saw a group of...live people! I responded with a hand signal, after Dave confirmed that they seemed to be friendly people. The man who called out went by the name John, and he was dressed in military attire along with a pretty quiet man named Nate, who was dressed in military attire as well. John told us he was ex-Special Forces, along with Nate, and during their time of travel they encountered Vicky and a boy named Aiden, who were supposedly neighbors before all this happened. I'm glad we met some new friends. It's really hard to find people you can trust nowadays. I recall the day before when I went with the dog to check out an old school a few blocks down. Confronting us were two people, one armed with a hammer and the other with a handgun. Both looked as if they didn't eat or bathe for weeks. At the sight of us they attempted to attack, snarling like animals as they charged forth. It was a pitiful sight, but I quickly put them down with my BLK, each with a shot in their head.

Seeing most live people these days turned into nothing but animals sickens me. I hope things return to normal soon. Yet, I doubt they ever will...

Doomslayer

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2015, 07:07:28 AM »
first entry: The area has gone quite, which is a far different scene from  even 48 hours ago. There isn't even any walkers within eye sight, can't be sure how safe the area is though. Not even the birds are out this morning. Maybe they know something I don't.
I'm in bad shape these days, my water supply is in question. M The old hand operated piston pump, looks to have seized up. Which is going to force me back into town. I haven't been back to town scene that time Monica. I still miss her. Surival was easier when she was still alive. It's hard to explain how important that feeling of companship is, knowing that you aren't alone. I guess it's not all bad. I've still got my canned food supply, and a small supply of ammo for  my bushmaster assault rifle.
Before I headed into town, I'll set up some rain catchers, using black garbage bags and some plastic tie wire, should work decent. I'll leave within the hour, should give me 6 hours to return before dark.
Doomslayer out.
You better believe it

BladeSanity

« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »
Day 268

Hell, I came across a nice looking manor while scouting out a bit further than usual. It was tangled with vines, had a lot of green life there. Of course, the place was dead quiet, and it seemed that the place had been untouched for ages. That's when I heard the whine of a dog, no about three dogs. I figured something was off, so I unholstered by Tactical BLK assault rifle and slowly crept to the entrance. I had to slice a few vines in my way but as soon as I got to the entrance, I heard the familiar snarling of the undead. I kicked down the door and out came about seven of them, so I pointed towards the closest walker for my dog to attack. Down it went, and so did the other six, which I shot down briefly. I saw that three dogs had been leashed to the furniture. Well, I figured they'd be useful for the rest of the clan back home, so I scooped them up, prepared to leave the house when I heard a thump of footsteps upstairs. It sounded rather human so figuring it was another survivor, I walked slowly upstairs, gun in arms. That's when a scruffy looking man came out of the master bedroom above and pointed a shotgun at me. I tried talking him into joining me and he just...shot me. He had this crazed look in his eyes, which frightened me so. I felt a harsh pain in my shoulder, and before the man could go for my head, my dog quickly knocked the man over, wrenching the gun from his hands. Promptly, I put a bullet in his head. It's a shame to see what this apocalypse does to us people.

I heard a rustling inside the room, so I went in, gun raised, and moved towards the closet where I heard the sound. I opened the door and saw a couple, supposedly, huddled together. The guy had a knife, and demanded what i wanted. I asked if they were ok and if they wanted to join the survivor colony back home. They eagerly joined up with me and said that in this house they knew about a weapon cache in the basement, and explained how they were going for it but found a deranged gentleman armed with a shotgun in the house before them. The man introduced himself as Joe and the girl Mary. We, along with the dogs, went to the basement to open up the weapon cache when to our dismay and surprise, a horde close to about fifty or even a hundred undead were underneath. I hadn't cursed in awhile, but it sure felt right. We bolted out of the house, and I soon led them to the colony, where they happily befriended the rest of the survivors with us, and took up arms. Well, I did manage to find a lot of supplies, and new friends as well. I'm glad we've made it this far, and it has only been a year, even though it felt like forever.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 04:56:07 PM by BladeSanity »

slejhamR

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2016, 07:29:23 AM »
I suppose it doesn't matter how many days it's been since I last wrote. Everything is going well, and the whole gang is still fighting (when is retirement for an everyday survivor?). I feel the need to convey my thoughts before this Christmas, so here I go.

My name... eh, just call me Sledge. I've been called that name so often I honestly forget what it used to be. Crazy, you live your whole life being called one name and then you lose what it was. But I'm getting off track here; if I'm right, someone is reading my journals, which means they want a story. Well, here's what's been happening since I woke up from that knock on the head.

Since the FO started mobilizing and spreading across the globe, hardly a day goes by where we don't hear helicopters buzzing overhead; I've only had to shoot down one redneck trying to take pot shots at the kids. Then we had to clean up the wreckage, loot the chopper for parts, and rush back to the base to start getting ready for the horde that would be coming as a result of the crash. It's amazing how those things are still walking. Nearly three years since I went topside and yet there are still walking corpses everywhere. Now I never finished my biotech degree, but something tells me that's not normal. Then again, this is coming from a young adult with a machete strapped to his armor, with an M4 on his back and a belt of grenades on his belt, so I guess normality is kind of gone now anyway.

We're done defending the town. I left that to Goer and his guys; they want to protect the town? They can have it. I'm done fighting a war for a shopping center, so I'm just going to do what I always planned on: fortify the hell out of the hill, and sit on the porch and blast the crap outta anything that moves. Sure am glad that it's worked out so far; typically, you get at least one crazy guy with an AK telling you that everything was theirs by now. Not that I'm complaining, though; it's nice to not worry about stepping on a landmine.

The kids are going on 15 now, and they're getting that teenage angst that we all go through. I just tell em that the world already has enough maniacs to deal with, and that I don't care what's cool nowadays; last I checked, the biters don't mind it either. They typically stay inside while manton and Catfish teach them math, science, and survival. Why? Because it's engineers like myself that keep us safe and keep the biters out, not to mention provide electricity. Oh yeah, I may have scrounged up some solar panels and long story short, we're able to get hot showers again. God knows there's a lot of soap and shampoo left in the world (even though Dave still won't shower). We're getting close to Christmas here, so everyone is trying to get everyone something nice, though it's not like there's a lot left in this area. Though, let's be honest, it's not like we can complain about the lack of dangerous trips into town just for some band aids.

Well, my pencil's almost run out of lead, so I'll end this entry here til I get more. To all survivors, I know it's cold outside, but try to tough it out. This is the time of year to celebrate surviving this long. To the good men and women of the FO, we toast to your success in bringing freedom to this lawless world.

Yours Truly,

slejhamR
How do I survive? Easy: Thinking, Conditioning, and Wearing a Bulletproof Vest at ALL Times.

The Lone Survivor

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2017, 01:07:29 AM »
Audio Log #427

Reporter: Alex Ontario

Day 748

Contact lost with the Paso Robles outpost. They had reporting increased raider activity for the last two weeks but we couldn't organize a recovery team in time. We haven't seen anyone new in... um... [flipping through papers] 93 days. The last person encountered was Brad from the merchant group in Salinas who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Last radio contact received 37 days ago from... Povarovo, Russia, from an armed forces operator who informed us that most of the country has been overran and that the Russian capital has been moved to Murmansk. Considering upgrading the radio tower to receive less powerful broadcasts, but I don't think anyone is alive anymore, much less broadcasting. Also in need of sandbags due to the rapid flooding of the Salinas River. Fortifications on the bridge have been moved back due to worries of the river overflowing. I'll be heading back to Pine Canyon in a couple of hours. I'm setting the radio to a loop and to be alerted if there is a response. Is anyone still alive?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:21:50 AM by The Lone Survivor »
"They've got us surrounded - The poor bastards"