Author Topic: Survivor's Guide To The Apocalypse  (Read 23900 times)

bone_breaker

• If you don't have armor, find some.
Re: Survivor's Guide To The Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 07:24:40 AM »
Comic Con

A place where only the strongest survive. You've all heard the infamous tales of this place. After the outbreak, the place was fortified and is one of the few places that still has a somewhat large population of living people. They aren't very welcoming to new people though. I've watched people get shot just by talking to the guards outside. Unless you have a pass, you won't get in. If you do make it in, you'll have a pretty hard time. The city used to have a large population of zeds, but after a few of us arrived in the city, they were all but wiped out. The only ones you'll find left are in the arena. Don't take my word on this though, as Comic Con is bound to attract more.

Comic Con may be a place that most people don't want to go, but for those who choose to go there listen closely. Comic Con is filled with some of the best weapons you'll ever find, the same goes for the survivors. The people that come from Comic Con are some of the best fighters I've ever seen, able to kill hordes with no problem at all. You want proof? 3 of my group members are from Comic Con, and they've proven themselves to be some of the best fighters I know time and time again.

Now if this place intrigues you now, you'd better think it over a bit more, because Comic Con is not a place for your everyday survivor. Only the best ever make it out, and everything comes with a price.

More to come:
Bone Breaker

slejhamR

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »
Day 138

Went to my church today to say a few prayers. In this world of endless sins, I thought it might do me some good to ask for safety and forgiveness. I hadn't even said "Amen" before I heard bullets hitting my vest. Another survivor, nothing unusual, except it was a child, maybe ten. He was using the pistol I'd left outside the church, out of respect and reverence. I thought that he saw me as someone trying to hurt him, so he did what he was taught to do: don't let strangers get too close to you. My dog Hunter, being the loyal friend that he is, knocked the kid to the ground. He didn't bite the kid or anything, just kept him from moving. When I got close to him, he begged for mercy, and swore on the bible (funny, there were still bibles intact at the church) that he thought that I was a Zed.

Looking back on it, it might not have been a bad idea to leave him, but... I just couldn't. He was almost skinnier than your average crawler, using a borrowed weapon with only one bullet (I really should have taken out that one in the chamber), and hiding in a half destroyed church... I've killed a lot of people, but I won't kill a child. You should have seen how relieved he looked when he heard that. His name is Tyler, and he was trying to escape the fighting going on in Ligonier. I can't blame him; Lig is the reason that Westmoreland isn't safe anymore. This guy, goes by the name of Brook, he's taken over. He owns everything in LIgonier, save for our stronghold at the general store. That store, Kelly, Dave, and about 15 layers of concrete, explosives, and razor wire are the only things keeping him from breaching the safe zone. Tyler says that this guy tried to kill him, so he ran to his old neighborhood to try to get away. I don't know whether he was lying or not, but at that point, those gunshots and his screams had made a lot of noise, and I know I don't have to explain why we didn't have much time to talk there...

Like I said, we welcome all friendly survivors to our safezone, but this Brook guy was NOT friendly, and he has an army at his disposal. Ligonier is like Alcatraz right now, anyone trying to enter or exit Lig is shot on sight, razor wire, watch towers, and layers of concrete surrounding it, and the only way out of town is across the river on our bridge. It's been a war zone for a week now, and he's already killed two of my men, and do you know what he did to them when they turned? He put them on leashes, uses them like guard dogs, only he doesn't need to feed them. He's been trying to have me join him and dominate the other factions in the area. I told him that I'd die before I let him harm anyone in the valley. We've got women, children, all kinds of people here. We won't give up our freedom that easily.

We're planning on meeting with the local factions soon to figure out how to deal with him. I say that we just blow the bridge connecting Lig to the main road, strand them on that prison, and barricade the town from our side of the river, but I don't have enough men for that job. Either they help me, or we all die.

Well, I suppose I oughta end the entry here, pencil's almost out of lead. We'll have Tyler keep an eye out for more while he's scavenging with Tony tomorrow. He's a good kid, and a brave fighter. Hopefully he doesn't turn into one of those guard dogs, or worse, an average survivor, the ones who shoot first and ask questions later.

To anyone who reads this, know that the valley is still safe, and if you're willing to help us fight, you're welcome to stay with us.

May mankind one day rise again from this abyss,

Sledge Hammer
How do I survive? Easy: Thinking, Conditioning, and Wearing a Bulletproof Vest at ALL Times.

LookADistraction

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 05:57:52 PM »
Update: it's been a while since I've written anything, and my situation has gotten a lot better, met another guy, Milton, and got a horse, but haven't decided on a name. All i let Milton and Dave use now is katanas, but they aren't complaining, and they are fantastic with a blade. If it comes down to me fighting i prefer two riot shields, takes a while to kill anything, but I am invincible behind those things. Still have 4 digits of food and water reserved, and I found an assault rifle, a 300 BLK and it is one of the best guns I've seen, still haven't found a reliable source of ammo though. If it comes down to it though, Dave always chooses the M60 and Milton takes the BLK.

- Look

P.S. Anyone else heard of all these places out there, New York, comic con, all the others, thinking of checking it out soon
They said i was wrong to prepare, now no one is left to tell me i was right

Hojohns

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »
Ok said I'd update providing I'm alive so here it is
It's now day errrm well day oh heck I'm not too sure what day it is but it don't matter
So I've come across a few more survivors now and we are just like a big family
Since most of us lost our own I like to think of these people as my new family
There's Jim he's ex military and a real hardass but he's helped by teaching us to take care of our weapons and shoot straight which makes life a lot safer for us all
Jim don't talk too much but I hear he's got a son Jimmy he reckons he will have survived I hear he's in New England and I reckon Jim may decide to strike out on his own soon
He's a good guy but if he wants to leave I can understand hopefully not too soon though
Now Thads kinda like the wierd uncle nobody talks about he's a real killing machine and I see that look in his eyes sometimes after putting Zeds down he doesn't just put em down cos he has to
He enjoys it
We found Keegan recently he could have been a cousin of Thads the way he takes down Zeds but he ain't got that 1000 yard stare like Thad
We've got a few vehicles now the van holds a few of the younger members
Luke insists on driving although I doubt he ever passed his test
Jackie rides the horse we found the other day she loves horses and there's no way she's gonna trust anyone else to take care of him
I personally am real pleased Jackie seems happier since finding him
We found Henry after returning to a site we had searched before the poor guy was terrified and having seen the stuff he saw I can understand why
Kaori found a puppy a few days back it's good to see her smile again it's also pretty entertaining at times watching her teaching him to shake hands or should that be paws
It's funny when I think back to the day I had to leave the bunker I was so lonely and scared all the time but now there's 23 of us and life is better
Tony drove the car into a ditch a couple days back and damn that was funny we just ribbed him mercilessly especially as we found out he was a driving instructor before the world went to hell
We picked up some chatter on the radio but it's not real clear from the odd transmission I hear I'm thinking there are many more survivors out there
Well that's it for now I have heard rumours bout submarines and ships collecting survivors but I don't really buy that
I reckon if people survived on a ship the last thing they're gonna want is more mouths to feed
That's all for now
Don't bury dead, first shoot in head (Diary of the Dead)

Heisenberg

• 600+ days above ground.
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 05:23:32 AM »
Day 510,

Me and Dave have been at this almost 2 years.  Spent the last 6 months surviving major depression.  Wondering if there was anything out there.  I've found renewed vigor after realizing a lot more has changed in the last 2 years than I had originally thought.  We found a train that was still running, and for a fee would take survivors to San Diego.  Wow.  A whole different world out there.  Brought back enough plunder with me that Dave practically $hit his pants.  He kept the water collectors going and held down the fort in my absence.  You can see from the image that I am battle-scarred, but we have found new purpose in life and realize that we need to be prepared.  We will begin taking over our town.  Cleaning out the zombies.  Boarding up the buildings.  Preparing.  Preparing for other survivors.  Friend or foe.   There are others.  And they are reshaping the world.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:00:35 PM by Heisenberg »
Join "Freedom Outpost" on Palringo.  Tips for new players, advice for those advancing, and fellowship those who just need a break from killing zombies.

"FO", it's where the good guys go!

Heisenberg

• 600+ days above ground.
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 01:29:33 PM »
Day 511.

Dave and I have been cleaning out our town.  Found a military base.  Turns out the last defense in our part of the state was held in our town.  Pretty grim holdout by all the evidence we found.  Lotsa good scavenge though. 

We also came across Tony and Keegan.  They said they left San Diego on a train not long after I had returned.  They got off in Louisville and somehow rambled into our neck of the woods.  Keegan says that San Diego has gotten pretty rough, with rival survivors duking it out block by block for survival.  Glad to have their help as we prepare for what lies ahead.   
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:00:48 PM by Heisenberg »
Join "Freedom Outpost" on Palringo.  Tips for new players, advice for those advancing, and fellowship those who just need a break from killing zombies.

"FO", it's where the good guys go!

pinoy_bro

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 10:39:01 PM »
Ok i dont knw wat 2 do here but 121 days so far found Dave on my 30th day lvl 4 nd helped him kill his rivals. Day 60 I found Christina and Jackie; Prison Pt. 1 and found Henry Prison Pt. 3 nd btw those ppl in the Exodus Prison arent very well armored lol. Day 70 I found Keegan at Comic Con surrounded by zombies (of course). After tht i found Tony in an Ice Cream Shop with a Dog lol i randomly looted some place. Day 80 i found Geno, pretty hard 2 find him cause his appearance near or in a Rival's Stronghold is very rare. After tht day i found Tyler idk who he was i think he was Geno's brother or cousin but i took him in 4 some protection nd when i found him he was in one of my stronghold's waiting 4 me. Anyway in total i have 10 Companions i only listed nine becuz i 4got bout the dog from the "Hideaway" ENCOUNTER pretty hard the first time i tried tht encounter

spiKe trap

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 04:33:35 PM »
 8/7/14

It's been a whole since I've written. Been upgrading the defences of the fort and I have to say. They are pretty damn good I must say. Last time I wrote I think we had the whole town locked down. Let me tell you, that was a bad idea. I have since become a pretty good leader sort of person. I have since found Dave and rescued other members of the community before everything went down. I have also regained connections with some old friends and cashed in some old favours for some plane trips to some American cities. I found a few survivors, a dog and even two motorcycles. A Harley and a really fast road bike. Sadly not all the survivors stayed like that...
I got into a fight with TWO biker gangs (not at the same time). One even had a dog they were mistreating so I fed him and took him along with me along with the road bike. The other group wanted to kill me if I didn't know where some booze was so I lied about a place saying it had heaps and while most were away I took out their boss and took their supplies. I feel bad about it but they were going to most likely trap me and gas me or blow me up and I didn't want to be responsible for my group's death. I could only bring one bike though which was a shame. I happened to come across an ex cop and saved him from a horde. He is one of my most trusted companions along with Vic who was seeking refuge in our community. Kaori and Thaddeus helped me survive what used to be the comic con. Those four never leave my side and they are perfectly fine with that. I've met a lot of other groups since then that haven't met nice endings. I encountered a woman on a horse who asked for help clearing her camp out. I went with her and found that everyone either was killed or ran away. We met up with another woman in there who was about to get eaten. We came back a while later and found a group of people who ran away that came back and were living in the prizon. We found that there was ANOTHER group harassing them so we went there and attacked them by slipping in where a tree was overhanging the border. They were doing very, very sick experiments with concentrated zombie virus. I found a man strapped to a bed who was near death. I have him in my community now and I think he is brushing the horses at the moment. He loves caring for the animals. I think it's just because it's so calm and they don't do anything bad to you or try to kill you. We have made the community smaller to the school and surrounding houses. We are completely self sustained here and are friendly but cautious to outsiders until I know we can trust them. I have encountered an old friend at times but he prefers to stay a lone wolf. He visits from time to time to stay a few days and help with anything he can. I'm starting to think he is contemplating moving into the community. He is always welcome and I hope he joins. I will go now because I'm about to go on a long trip to Queensland to help one of my friends with a little problem with some unfriendly neighbours. I will be writing when I have the time next. I have a feeling this will be a long campaign. Survivor r3trac, out
PA-AU
Palringo Alliance Australian Sector

slejhamR

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 01:15:34 PM »
Day 185 Above Ground

Well, things hit the fan again. A new group came through the town again, started attacking us. I thought it wouldn't be that bad, seeing that there were maybe two or three people total, until I saw one of them pull out an M60 and the other two pulling grenade pins. Needless to say, they took Idlewild, and now the ridge is cut off. These guys were prepared for a while, but it looks like they didn't account for noise. The highway is impassible, not because of barricades, but because of the massive horde... There had to be at least a thousand walkers there. Needless to say, we ended up holding out in, you guessed it, Giant Eagle.

But let's flashback a few days. A survivor told me that there was something big going on in Portland, Oregon. Apparently, they were giving out grenade launchers, assault weapons, and even working military vehicles as prizes for some arena. Considering how proficient I am with my weapons of choice, I decided to join them.

When we got to Portland, you could immediately notice the arena. The old convention center had been turned into a massive stronghold beyond explanation. We approached the gate and the guys up front asked if we wanted to fight or watch. The man I had been with said he was there to fight and they let him in.I didn't want to mess around with these people, so I told them I wanted to watch. I wish I would have just left. The ringleader, I'll call him that because he looked like one with a pimp cane and a leather jacket, walked up to me and said that I looked like the next champion, but I told him I'd think about it after I'd seen a match with my own eyes.

That man who came with me is now dead. I watched as he tried to hold off seven sprinters with only a knife, as he was told to do by the ringleader. He pulled out a shotgun in desperation. I didn't even blink and he was shot down by the guards. When I asked him what the hell they did that for, he simply told me "We've got rules here, and you'd best follow them if you're competing".

It seemed like a dangerous game, but I couldn't just leave... There were kids trapped in there. Curse my kind heart, I couldn't leave them here. So, I told the ringleader "If I win, those two kids leave with me". He didn't argue at all, rather he looked overjoyed to see someone alone who still had fire in their eyes. He told me the first two rounds would be melee only. No big deal, I slashed down the Zeds before they even made a mark on my body. I was given two desert eagles and a LOT of ammo for them for my ferocity and skill. After that, I was glad that I'd always carried some spare grenades. Over three hundred walkers, I'd say maybe six runners, all gunned down and fragged. The reward for this was magnificent: a 40mm grenade launcher and ammo. I'd already picked up an excess of the ammo from my execution attempt from so long ago, so I think I had about... I want to say thirty rounds of ammo total, including a few rounds that they left in the launcher and three extras that were given with it. I wasted about fifteen rounds in the last two matches. The grand prize was mine, but it almost cost me my life. I received three first aid kits, an auto shotgun, some ammo, the kids, and a military Humvee! After that ordeal, I'd almost forgotten about the horde of Zeds in Ligonier, but with our new toys, they won't be for long.

The two kids aren't the best survivors, which is probably why they were given as prizes for losing in the arena. They listen though, and respect us for freeing them from that maniac. Man, I wish someone was filming me when I stepped off of the train home, because I bet I looked like such a badass. A grenade launcher slung over my shoulder, two desert eagles holstered at my waist, my gators in my hands, and two kids in a military Humvee behind me. I'm glad one of them knew how to drive, otherwise I would've been the one driving, and I just wanted to bask in the glory for a while. We're planning on getting someone to mount that M60 to a swivel on the Humvee, hell on wheels.

Well, I suppose this is where I'll sign off. To all survivors, I'm sorry, but Ligonier is not safe anymore. We can't guarantee anyone's safety. We'll try to do what we can, but I don't even know if we CAN get things back to normal.

Keeping Humanity Alive and Well,
slejhamR
How do I survive? Easy: Thinking, Conditioning, and Wearing a Bulletproof Vest at ALL Times.

iGame4life

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
Before the whole world was infected, I found a massive amount of military supplies and ammo but I had to grab the best and run out before the place was over run. The bunker wasn't to bad but it didn't keep me from going insane. When I went out, my life changed. I found an abandoned house in the country. It was good so I made it my safe house. When I found some gear, I started looking for survivors and found around 8-10. They are not bad nor good but they all know how to use a gun. When I went to comic con, that's when I was jumped by some low-level cartel thugs. I was zip tied, placed on a train. I escaped with my bare life and found a girl name kaori. She helped me get into the 2 towers and get some better equipment. I went to the arena with no choice but to fight to get good equipment. I fought until the champion if the arena came out. I killed all his buddies but spared him and he has decided to fight for my life! Anyway after that kaori needed help to get her sister back. So I helped but when we got to the place kaori's sister was suppose to be, she was dead. We ran out of the 2 towers but that's when I had to use my grenades I got from the arena to get passed a horde. I barely made it out with mine, kaori's and the champion of the arena. Know I have 2 survivors who run across the trees with me. I found lots of gear and survivors and I even found a horse and a car! I found a train station near my strong hold but it was to far to walk so I had to take the car. Now, I own a stronghold.

A few days later I found girl. Her name was Jackie. She had a prison that was recently over-run and she needed my help to get it back. I helped her and she explained about survivors who needed my help but only found one that wasn't dead or un-dead. Jackie was bit during a fight and I let her go outside to see of anyone was there, there was no-one. Her last sights where the outside of a prison. The girl I found was named Christina. I went back to the prison a second time. I was with Christina and a couple of others when I returned. What happened was I found a couple of others who where happy at the prison but they didn't like me. But Christina "pretended" to be Jackie and they suddenly liked me. I was now a friend. We where all having a chat when someone rushed in yelling "The fence is being pushed down by WALKERS!" I came to help and the survivors I had shot through the fence and they suddenly realised that I was perfect for a mission. There was a horse back rider staring at my camp for 45 mins now. I checked it out and it was one of the men from the prison. They where about to begin there assault on the goveners camp. We did and took out all of the guards. I met back up With the same guy and he gave me a pile of guns. I searched around the camp and found a gun that I haven't even used yet. I don't know what bullets it shoots but I don't even want to shoot it until I really need it.

A couple of days passed when I saw a downed Cessna. I checked it out and found a survivor named Sally and another named Armo. I had to many assault rifles so I gave them some assault rifles and have the rest assault rifles. They where really nice and now we are all living among the trees waiting for someone else to join.

I have lots more to share but I now have to go. A horde is heading my way!

3Pugs

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 06:47:02 PM »
Great keep it up. ;D

That1Hunter

• I don't die, I survive
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »
Day Unknown:
Today I found a very little amount of rations for me and my group. We still think that we will all die. Me and my group suddenly realised that a person was approaching from the woods. One of us went on the roof and spoke through a speaker, That's far enough! Drop your weapons and we'll let you in. He reasonably complied and one of us came out and spoke to him. He came in with no one else. I, as the groups leader asked if he wanted to help on an attack on a rival base. He agreed and I told him the plan. He agreed to give us sniper cover.

1 hour later...

I told the guy we met that we are ready to go. We went in a truck and I told him to look down and tell them what he sees. He says what he sees. Suddenly, after about 10 mins the radio crackles to life and one of my men says weapons free. The guy starts shooting. But then the radio crackles again. Your buddies are dead and you're next! I try to start the truck with tears running down my eyes and the guy we found shoots someone who rushing up the hill. The truck shouldn't start and I ran of back to the stronghold. I grab everything I can, release the horses except for mine, back into the wild. Suddenly, multiple car sounds arrive and I run with the supplies and the horse out into the wilderness not looking back at the burning building.  :'(

This was a hard life but I had to get used to it and I did. Now me and only a couple live in the wilderness alone.
This is not something you should live through. If you find a burnt down building called Denny's, then take the supplies I left there.
I am now a Ghost survivor
Please, if anyone reads this
Try and find me.

That1Hunter

• I don't die, I survive
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 02:19:46 PM »
Day Unknown:
After the attack on the rival stronghold, I got a grip of myself. I realised that, this was the world and I had to get used to it. I knew I had to go to comic con. That's when I was jumped...
I woke up and started to feel around. I felt bags of un-cooked meat. I stood up but a man yelled for me to get back down. That's when I knew I was in trouble. I shook of the blindfold and the sniper approaches me and uses his rifles stock to knock me to the ground. I knew that I had to find a way to escape. I noticed he was talking on his radio. That's when I made my run for a nearby station. I hid underneath a table. That's when the man rushed in looking for me but the Zeds found him first. I knew I had to book it. As soon as I got out of the station, I found a medkit and used it to cut of the zip ties. That's when I saw 2 towers. I quickly rushed into a bus full of dead bodies and hid. That's when I heard chatter. I looked up to see 2 people talking to a guard. The guard asked for a badge. After about a 3 seconds pause, they open fired. Shredding them to bits. I heard footsteps running along the ground. I waited until someone came behind me and slammed me to the ground! I said that I surrender and that the mysterious figure can take anything they want! But that's the figure spoke these words: don't worry! I'm not going to hurt you. My names Kaori and I could use a little help. I asked if she could help me get into the 2 towers and she replied that I needed a badge to enter

I began to follow her and she them suddenly jump down to the ground. I did to and I looked at her and asked what's the matter? She said that a boy appeared in con town slicing up people for there badges. The boy left and I followed kaori. She said that I could go to the arena for better equipment. So I did.

The arena smelled like death and death followed me waiting for me to die but I didn't. The opponents where actually quite easy until the last few. There stood the champion of the arena shooting at me. I nearly killed him but I didn't and he said he will join my crew snd protect me. Kaori suddenly said that we need to get to the 2 towers. I followed her but she stopped and asked if I wanted to go and help with something, I said I did and he asked her what she needed. She explained that her sister is somewhere up there and she needed help. I help her get to the top and when we did, she opened a door and we sneaked in. We heard a voice reply, h-hello? I-is anyone t-there? I replied yes and one of the unfit people said A-are Y-you here to s-save us? I said no and they suddenly picked up there rifles and prepared for a fight. I and kaori, killed them easy and we went into a room where we found the 'boss' of the whole club that was here. Kaori and him where talking when Kaori got angry. She stabbed her sai through the middle of the guys eyes and didn't say a word.

She talked to me about her sister and then she said it was time to go. We went out of the room to be greater by a horde. Us 2 Versus Comic-Con. We killed them of when out of nowhere, kaori twisted her ankle. Of course I saved her but I had to chuck down my weapons. We ran out of the comic con where the boy we saw before asked, B-Badge? I gave it to him and he said Happy Comic Con.

I would love to share more
But I have a horde heading
My way. After I defeat it I might
right another experience of what happened.
Stay frosty, and stay alive

That1Hunter

• I don't die, I survive
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 01:48:17 PM »
Day 138

Went to my church today to say a few prayers. In this world of endless sins, I thought it might do me some good to ask for safety and forgiveness. I hadn't even said "Amen" before I heard bullets hitting my vest. Another survivor, nothing unusual, except it was a child, maybe ten. He was using the pistol I'd left outside the church, out of respect and reverence. I thought that he saw me as someone trying to hurt him, so he did what he was taught to do: don't let strangers get too close to you. My dog Hunter, being the loyal friend that he is, knocked the kid to the ground. He didn't bite the kid or anything, just kept him from moving. When I got close to him, he begged for mercy, and swore on the bible (funny, there were still bibles intact at the church) that he thought that I was a Zed.

Looking back on it, it might not have been a bad idea to leave him, but... I just couldn't. He was almost skinnier than your average crawler, using a borrowed weapon with only one bullet (I really should have taken out that one in the chamber), and hiding in a half destroyed church... I've killed a lot of people, but I won't kill a child. You should have seen how relieved he looked when he heard that. His name is Tyler, and he was trying to escape the fighting going on in Ligonier. I can't blame him; Lig is the reason that Westmoreland isn't safe anymore. This guy, goes by the name of Brook, he's taken over. He owns everything in LIgonier, save for our stronghold at the general store. That store, Kelly, Dave, and about 15 layers of concrete, explosives, and razor wire are the only things keeping him from breaching the safe zone. Tyler says that this guy tried to kill him, so he ran to his old neighborhood to try to get away. I don't know whether he was lying or not, but at that point, those gunshots and his screams had made a lot of noise, and I know I don't have to explain why we didn't have much time to talk there...

Like I said, we welcome all friendly survivors to our safezone, but this Brook guy was NOT friendly, and he has an army at his disposal. Ligonier is like Alcatraz right now, anyone trying to enter or exit Lig is shot on sight, razor wire, watch towers, and layers of concrete surrounding it, and the only way out of town is across the river on our bridge. It's been a war zone for a week now, and he's already killed two of my men, and do you know what he did to them when they turned? He put them on leashes, uses them like guard dogs, only he doesn't need to feed them. He's been trying to have me join him and dominate the other factions in the area. I told him that I'd die before I let him harm anyone in the valley. We've got women, children, all kinds of people here. We won't give up our freedom that easily.

We're planning on meeting with the local factions soon to figure out how to deal with him. I say that we just blow the bridge connecting Lig to the main road, strand them on that prison, and barricade the town from our side of the river, but I don't have enough men for that job. Either they help me, or we all die.

Well, I suppose I oughta end the entry here, pencil's almost out of lead. We'll have Tyler keep an eye out for more while he's scavenging with Tony tomorrow. He's a good kid, and a brave fighter. Hopefully he doesn't turn into one of those guard dogs, or worse, an average survivor, the ones who shoot first and ask questions later.

To anyone who reads this, know that the valley is still safe, and if you're willing to help us fight, you're welcome to stay with us.

Sledge Hammer
Where is the safe zone? I got a couple of men who could help you in your quest. Me and my men know how to survive. By jumping tree to tree and using stealth and shadows to our advantage. If you needed, we could help on anything! Just ask!

slejhamR

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »
Day 138

Sledge Hammer
Where is the safe zone? I got a couple of men who could help you in your quest. Me and my men know how to survive. By jumping tree to tree and using stealth and shadows to our advantage. If you needed, we could help on anything! Just ask!

Ligonier and the safe zone has practically fallen apart. Brooke's location is unknown, but he's not there. For the time being, avoid Ligonier, I'm trying to get things back in order there. Appreciate the offer though.