Author Topic: Survivor's Guide To The Apocalypse  (Read 26607 times)

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
Survivor's Guide To The Apocalypse
« on: July 05, 2014, 06:02:46 PM »
Here is a collection of journal entries from fellow survivors banded together to tell the story from many different perspectives.

SpiKe

• Heroes die, Legends live 4 ever.
Re: Survivor's Guide To The Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »

Day x.
Time has lost all meaning.
The other day while in the woods I bumped into the girl i caught raiding my house when this all began. She seems to be doing well. I have been joined by some of the people that had been staying at the prison, when we went back there to check for other survivors, we were met by a small group still living there. They seemed pretty dangerous. They have asked for my help in the future, to deal with another hostile camp, but Iv not heard from them since. I fear they are all dead. Myself and the twenty plus people with me are well armed and ready for anything. I have adopted another dog that a group of bikers had chained up at a bar, cheers fellas. Iv named him Duke, he and Scooby get on well. Also took one of their motorbikes, they wont be needing it anymore. The van i found is still running well and still looks badass. I thought I seen a horse the other day but so far its proved elusive. I have joined an allience with other survivors, Its so good to talk to people that understand. Palringo. we share infomation and help each other.
If u arrive, u survive.
Iv visited a few citys and made some friends but theres also many hostile survivors out there. I have ended more zed than I can count and Iv collected more supplies than I know what to do with. Life is starting to feel pointless.  the only thing that keeps me going is the other survivors out there, that and the promise of......

daxil

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 10:39:43 PM »
Day 211 above ground:

I have more weapons than I can count,many materials to craft...but I only have 289 days worth of food to feed 22 people,and a dog. We will manage nonetheless. I discovered a group that allows me to use their train to travel across the country for supplies. I have been to San Francisco,Dallas and plan to go elsewhere eventually.These places are teaming with survivor compounds but I have not made an attempt at alliances. Those people that are under my command are loyal and together we build a single stronghold with more fortifications that I can count. Life seems good over all and I have plans to retake and rebuild my city. Now I just have to find more food...Its been so long since I came out of my bunker...I still have my stash there but I came out once supplies were dry...they are once again.Even more,its been longer since It all started...One of my companions,Dave,says he used to live with another group of survivors up in the mountains before I found him...They are all dead now...But that won't be my fate.
Soldier,assassin,engineer,farmer,leader...Survivor!

Bobulance

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 06:24:49 PM »
Day 355 since I left the bunker to find food and got locked out. If I didn't mess up along the way, I think that means it's been 666 days since I entered the bunker. No wonder life feels like a living hell right now. Summer weather. I think it's mid July, but I haven't kept track of exact days as much as I have the days passed. Found this empty notepad in a cabinet. Found sharp pencils too. In pretty good condition so I figured i'd start writing. Might help... With keeping my head. Stress. Whatever this is. It feels weird writing something other than notes for scavengers, but...

Anyway, I've been doing well recently. More accurately, the camp. Im writing this while on a one week scavenging trip with 6 of my most trusted people. And Toby, of course. Man's best friend. I left Dave in charge of the block while I'm gone... That's what home is now, "the block". We managed to wall off the immediate part of the residential neighborhood Dave and I used to live in. I think Vic lived up the street but I'd never met him before. He's a good guy. Great scout. He's next to me as I'm writing this, doing inventory on today's haul. Anyway, before we left another hungry survivor showed up at the gates begging to be let in. I didn't have time to meet him because we were packing to go. I think that makes... 27. Counting Toby and I, of course. Food has held up, even I don't know how. Been working on building up our defenses and accommodating for the new faces than scavenging Portland.

By the way, before I forget, let me talk a bit more about how Portland has been as of late. I guess it's important to, you know, document or whatever. Might help whoever finds this journal entry on my corpse. I guess. Portland went to the birds just like every other city in America. Even worse though. The zombies aren't the problem, it's the survivors. I've lost count of the different territories I've seen around the city and surrounding towns. At least fifteen different groups. About half are hostile. Traps in the buildings. Made alliance with three of the other groups. We hold an area on the edge of downtown, have it trapped, keep supplies there for each other. Trade.

Across the river is worse. More hostile. A man named Ed, I think that's the leader. He owns much of the territory. Every building in his territory is a death trap. I think he had upwards of 100 men. Not sure how that's possible. Portland is his. He just shares it with groups like mine. I think it's for protection. If he's surrounded by other groups, they go before he does. Enough about that.

every building within ten miles of the block is either infested with Zed or has been picked clean, whether by us or others. Nobody knows the location of the block, so our neighborhood is relatively quiet. We decided to search sun river after Kelly pointed it out on a map. Low population, mild weather, and plenty of supplies due to the abundance of vacation homes. Far from any major population centers. Would've set up base here earlier on if I hadn't hid in the bunker. The buildings are relatively abundant in supplies. It's obvious that at least two groups have been through here. One was looking for food only, left the weapons and survival supplies. The other group had claimed a few territories in the southern area and is peaceful. Was. They're gone now. dead maybe. Found a note from a lone guy. Camped in a yurt. Not sure how big his group was. Anyway, I haven't checked to see if his group is still around, but just in case, me, kaori, Vic, and even  Margo have decided to play a little game. A scavenger hunt. We left a note in the village: "I have hidden hints all over sun river. Find them!". Whenever we search a building, we hide a note in it with a blueprint or survival tip. Supply lists for making things. Safe places to go far away from hostiles. Even tips for befriending stray dogs. Hid traps though too. If they try to claim the buildings I've marked as safe for their own territories, they might just be in for a nasty surprise. Only four or five of the buildings though.

Found an ex military man yesterday. I say ex because he was undead. Not sure how he got to sun river. Must've wandered out here all the way from Portland, because I haven't seen any overrun military between here and there. Just goes to show that these things do some sort of migrating. I've been trying to tell Margo but she won't have it. Tells me she knows different. Maybe. She did come all the way from San Diego, after all. Don't know what it's like down there. His helmet was salvageable. Replaced my modified riot helmet. Found a shurikans in a display in one of the houses too. That makes three. Fun to collect. I haven't told kaori about my stash of old ninja weapons but I think I'll give them to her as a gift next... When's the next holiday? Maybe when we get home.

Anyway, my wrist is getting cramped from this writing and Thaddeus is yelling at me to get me to do something useful like watch duty. I guess I'm going to wrap it up by saying that I haven't lost anyone. If I dropped this and you're reading it, know that we have a safe place in Portland. We are well fed and stocked. We have more meds than we know what to do with. We welcome all non-hostile survivors. Till next time.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:28:40 PM by Bobulance »

Grabunhold

• Im not surviving - Im hunting
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
Now, I am over 200 days above ground. I named myself Grabunhold. Why? I'm from Austria and my parents too. Because of this, my motherlanguage is german. "Grab" means grave and a "Unhold" is somebody who makes trouble. I thought this is funny in a zombie apocalipse. But I don't think this matters anymore. There is nearly nobody alive who I can talk to. First, it was hard to survive, but I managed to stay alive. I've found my bro Dave. Actually, Dave and my Dog Momo are my only friends. Everybody else or "everything" else is trying to kill or eat you in this dying world. I got Momo from this old strange guy before I found Dave. It was Christmas and I didn't expect Santa anymore. He gave me this dog and left a bicycle behind too. It was just a few days after I was forced out of my bunker by a rapidly shrinking amount of food & water. However, I don't think this guy was Santa. I believe he was just an old dying guy, who wanted to know his dog save. I would thank him if I saw him again, but it is hardly possible that he is still alive. The only possibility is that he got magic powers like... Santa. Soon, I was able to find good armor and surviving got easier. You know, I'm not a good gunner, but I like meele weapons. The biggest reason why I don't use guns is that bullets are incredible rare. But now, I am a pro at fighting with meele weapons and I'm extremely heavy protected. But there are still some dangerous situations because my armor is too weak to bullets. Moreover, I know there is better armor out there, that used to be worn by the police and military forces. I just didn't found it until now. So, after I got Momo, I used to be searching over thousand locations. I killed many survivors and I'm not proud of it. I have always tried to become friends with them, but everybody tried to take me down. Wait, not everybody. There was a girl that I have met before I locked myself into the bunker. She saved my live shortly before I got Momo. I wanted her to join me, but she refused. I hope she is alive. After about a hundred days, I met my best friend Dave. We nearly shot each other. Together, we built a stronghold in an old house with a small garden. We crafted some watercollectors to catch the rain. Since rain is distilled, we had to get some waterpurifiers with minerals in them in order to make the water drinkable. Because most food is rotten, these watercollectors are our only hope for the future. Food? Yes. We are not only drinking the water. We got some plants in the garden. Potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, apples, raspberries, strawberries and radishes. But I'm still searching and storing canned food because I don't think Momo is going to become vegan. Winter will be a hard time too. Recently, I stole a van and a HOG, which made everything easier. My stronghold is in a small village near Vienna. There was nothing around, which I haven't searched before. Now, I am able to search big parts of Vienna. When I am moving into Vienna a little more, I am able to see some strongholds of someone else. I hope he is friendly. Maybe we could become friends? But now I have to finish this letter because I am going to scavenge some materials, which are necessary to build some fortifications for our stronghold. The zeds are getting more and more aggressive. I will put this message into a bottle and throw it into the Danube, which is a very long river. Please excuse my bad english :)

Cool, that you managed to find this message. You have to be a survival expert. If you are from Austria too, join up with me, I'm sure that I'm still alive. If you are not, kill at least some of those undead a**holes. Good luck, Survivor!
                                                                                                             Yours, Grabunhold, the king of Vienna.
I want YOU to JOIN the FO on PALRINGO!!!

LookADistraction

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »
Been out about two days now, found a motorcycle gang that wasn't too friendly, got a sweet bike though. It looks like a tornado went through the town which is weird because growing up they would go all around my town and people said its because the town is built on an Indian burial ground, and it is. I went inside a theater hoping to find food yesterday but I found something much better, almost a full set of riot gear an M60 (some ammo) and an entire box full of grenades, 23 in all. I geared up gathered weapons and spent the next several hours clearing and scavenging for anything of use. I can't find a blanket for the life of me though. I noticed I'm starting to run low on ammo for most of my guns, if anyone is out there in OK I'm kindof south of OKC, and don't want to fight. My best friend is a bit trigger happy though, and with an M60 so I wouldn't charge up to my strongholds. -Look
They said i was wrong to prepare, now no one is left to tell me i was right

Hojohns

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 06:03:39 PM »
141 days above ground
When it all kicked off and people started eating each other I wasn't a hero I ran to my bunker and stayed there till I ran outta water and food
I had to come above ground or drink my own urine and eat one of my arms so yep I had to come topside
This place was like a ghost town there was nothing goin on at all and I soon found food and water
Problems began when the ghosts turned out to be partial to eating people so yours truly hit the road
I found a van stashed with weapons etc and nobody was nearby so now it's mine it's safer than walking
I've found more survivors as time goes by some were as dangerous as the Zeds so I put em down
Like I said earlier I'm no hero but with an smg in each hand and stacks of ammo I don't need to worry too much anymore
I've also met some good people and now I have a group of 17 survivors helping me through the trials of modern day living
I also found myself a nice motorcycle well I found it after a few people died it's a matter of survival and that's reason enough to kill in order to make life easier plus the van is kinda cramped now
I could do with finding a nice double decker bus really
Maybe I could make my way to London ??
Will let you know if you're still alive to read my news later on sometime
Also that does depend on me still being alive to write it
Ok see ya were coming up to a big city which means more food n ammo but also means more killing
I don't count putting Zeds down as killing anymore I'm doin them a favour cos they ain't gonna be stumbling around with stuff leakin and bits falling off once they're put down
Problem is survivors who want what I got that's when the killing starts
Don't bury dead, first shoot in head (Diary of the Dead)

Jack craft

• back the frick up for you get smacked the frick up
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 08:11:33 PM »
Today it has been two months I prefer this life better than before I flourish the word is on the walls(survives leaving messages on walls is I'm known as the juggernaut) I guess I could see that but now every one I meet wants to end me then one day I find Dave and he opens my eyes to the fact that there are still good people out there. At first I thought some of my other allies were just brutes looking for food but really there scared people looking for help. Looking and searching I've found a bike and a van and with those I found that there's two other friendly factions out there and some not so friendly ones.

There will be more notes to come: jack
When i goez a slay'n I listen to hello sunshine

slejhamR

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »
Day 130 Above Ground

My name is Dan, although I used to be called Sledge for being a hard-headed guy. Too bad the only one alive that remembers that is Dave. Good ol' Dave, still playing around with that stupid cricket bat. I guess you can't blame him though, he needs something to keep himself sane, what with the constant assaults, firefights, hordes of Zeds coming in... The usual stuff. Don't worry, we're not alone. We've got... I'd say a dozen other survivors with us trying to make Pennsylvania more than just a bunch of deadheads, museums, and death traps. It ain't much, but we all do what we can to survive these days. We're making friends with the local factions too. There are four other factions just in this small town alone, yet we live in harmony like we used to...

I'm probably getting sidetracked here. Now, where to begin... Well, for one thing, I'm a passive guy as long as I have reason to be passive. But let me tell you, Westmoreland was full of gun toting rednecks before Z-Day, and I've got plenty of scars to prove it. Even got a .50 cal round through me before. But now, nice people are almost impossible to find, and I've got a lot of fresh cuts, wounds, and even bits of shrapnel from explosives to prove it. It's almost like some people don't want the dead to stay dead, like they've lost any passive behavior they may have had before. I went to work the other day, or where I used to work, a place once known as Idlewild, and decided to begin making it into our own little slice of paradise. It's hard to believe that what used to be whack-a-moles and ice cream stands have become pillboxes and strongholds. Speaking of ice cream, I actually found some guy in the old ice cream store at the park, said his name was Tony. Other than Dave, he was the first person I'd seem in almost a year who wasn't a walking corpse and didn't want to kill me.

I'm ashamed to say that I've killed more people than I could count. These people used to be clerks, teachers, lawyers, heck, I even ran into my old dentist, only he was taking pot shots at me from the school (thank God man created Kevlar vests). I take no pride doing this... These people are just doing what they've been forced to do constantly to protect themselves... I try to stay friendly, but I've been almost killed countless times for doing that. Heck, I remember when I tried searching the town's police station, and wouldn't ya know, there was a van there, a real, working van... I tried to introduce myself to the owners... Ever been executed military style? Me neither, but I would've if it hadn't been for that same Kevlar vest... I dropped them all with just one frag grenade... Is this what we've been reduced to? Shooting people who just want to be friendly, then getting blown up for trying to defend yourself?

Well, I guess I'll have to end this entry here, Kelly wants me to go on patrol with Tony. She's a cute one. Nothing is hotter in my book than a woman who can use a sword and shoot a gun. This is to anyone who finds this: Westmoreland is safe, and all friendly faces are welcome... All aggressive visitors... Well, if I survived an execution, you won't even put a scratch on my forehead.

Trying to keep humanity alive,
slejhamR
How do I survive? Easy: Thinking, Conditioning, and Wearing a Bulletproof Vest at ALL Times.

bone_breaker

• If you don't have armor, find some.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 06:26:12 AM »
The apocalypse has been pretty rough, but I've survived. I lead a group of 17 survivors, all of them loyal and willing to help out. Most of them came to me looking for help. I found the others in situations that were as bad as they could be, except for being infected, that is the worst possible thing that can happen now. The situations I've been placed in have pushed me to my limits, half of them involving someone trying to kill me, but I've survived each one, proving myself a capable survivor.

Each day is the same. Wake up, kill some zeds, find supplies, sleep. It gets pretty boring after a while, but doing this makes sure that the amount of zeds in my area are low, and the amount of supplies I have keeps my group alive for another day. I occasionally come across other people, rival survivors who try to kill me for the supplies that I have. Half of the time they don't have anything decent to fight with, but common sense isn't something that most people have anymore. Most survivors are barely getting by each day, so when they see someone who's fully decked out with equipment and supplies, they'll take their chances. I try to get as many people to join me as possible, the fewer people trying to kill me the better, but most people can't be reasoned with anymore. After almost 300 days above ground, I can tell you one thing: If you want to survive, have some allies to cover your back.

More to come:
Bone Breaker

Aram

• You cannot fight that which does not exist.
    • SurvivorZ Hub
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 06:36:46 AM »
I really love these stories and I think it would be awesome if we could find these ingame. Like we can find these notes in places where they are written about and we can collect them in a scrapbook. And if we could leave our own that would be cool too.
Freedom Outpost - There's a reason why we rule the city passes.
Join us: http://palringo.com/i/AcRVRQ/AKVcmA
To find out more about us, click here.

bone_breaker

• If you don't have armor, find some.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 11:31:11 AM »
I really love these stories and I think it would be awesome if we could find these ingame. Like we can find these notes in places where they are written about and we can collect them in a scrapbook. And if we could leave our own that would be cool too.
Cool idea aram. Would be great to find in the game.

thirsha42

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 03:21:10 AM »
Dec 25, 1 ZE
I wasn't going to bother keeping up with my journaling but I think I am starting to lose my mind. I just met Santa. Freaking Santa! I wouldn't believe it if he hadn't given me two presents. He gave me a puppy and a bicycle. Maybe I just found them and imagined Santa but I'm not so sure. Either way, I'm going to start journaling again when safety permits.

Jan 2, 2 ZE
I named my puppy Beethoven. He is so very well behaved. I have never seen a dog with his temperament. He and I travel around on the bicycle which has been a godsend; or a Santa send. I'm not sure. Beethoven rides in the basket on the bicycle. I am so glad to have company. I was not prepared for this at all. When all of this started I tried to find Dave but when I got to his house the zombies had already gotten in and he was nowhere around. I met a girl when I went home, I didn't feel right pushing her out into the chaos of those first hours. I offered to let her into the bunker but she declined. I can't blame her. Stranger danger and all.

Jan 30, 2 ZE
I have been contemplating that first day. What I did. What everyone else was doing. It was madness. I first got the news at work. I panicked. I was scared. I only had a can of pepper spray, so I decided to break into the gymnasium for something to use as a weapon. I told myself Kate would understand me taking school property given the circumstances. I found a barbell bar. It was awkward but better than nothing. Then I tried for a weapon in the coffee shop down the street. I found a kitchen knife. When I was leaving a car pulled up outside. I hid in the bushes. Two men ran inside past me. I tried to talk to the driver but he attacked me. I killed him. I actually killed a person. Combat is nothing like in the movies. The movies don't tell you about the terror. The other two men came out and they attacked me too. I killed one and the other drove off. Maybe it was fate. One of the men I killed had a gun and four bullets. I'll finish this tomorrow.

Jan 31, 2 ZE
I have decided to change the year designation. I think the apocalypse warrents a new designation. This is as big as Christ or bigger. I decided on ZE for zombie era. I decided it should start last year even though the outbreak started partway through the year. I want to keep the months and seasons the same because it's just easier. I told Beethoven the story of that first day. After killing the two men at the coffee shop I tried to find more ammo. I passed a pawn shop. There was a crowd of people dashing in and out. I ran in to see if I could buy even a few more rounds for the shotgun I stole. It was anarchy in there. I don't know what came over me. I decided to help myself to a gun from the front counter. A man, the owner of the shop I think, confronted me. He pointed a gun at me and I panicked again. I just pointed my gun at him and fired. So much blood. I just grabbed his gun and ran. The 45 auto I grabbed from the case was empty but the carbine I took from the man had 6 bullets left. I came upon an accident and abandoned all semblance of civility. I looted the officers car and took his badge and a crowbar and a revolver. A group of men approached. They were scared. I could have avoided a confrontation but I was a different person. I just attacked. I killed them and looted their bodies too. Then I headed home. I passed a police station. I don't know where the idea came from but I pretended to be an officer and the police gave me another gun, a few rounds and a bullet proof vest. I'll finish this another time. Beethoven is getting fussy. He wants dinner.

thirsha42

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 03:48:42 AM »
Feb 1, 2 ZE
After the police station, I headed to Dave's. I don't know what happened to him. They were in his house. I went home. That old lady across the street was hysterical. The national guard arrested her and took her away. I was listening to the radio and heard about a place that had ammo. I went to see about getting some. Long story short, I killed the owner of the place and robbed him blind. I am still coming to grips with what I did that first day. I killed nearly a dozen people. Not infected corpses but real people. Things have been really difficult since all this started. I spent 6 months alone in my bunker. I definitely had cabin fever. I was surprised. There was plenty of food and water left when I left the bunker. I guess the plague swept over the world before people could even try to survive. I am really fortunate. I have decided that Beethoven and I will head to the California coast to see if we can find more people.

Mar 11, 2 ZE
Getting out of the city took a whole month. There were so many zombies. But I found Dave! He was out by an old school bus. He went to the school looking for me and left. I cannot express how happy I am to have someone to talk to. Dave likes my plan to head west.

Mar 18, 2 ZE
We made it to San Diego. Things look worse here than they did in Phoenix. First we ran into a town of sorts at the convention center. Before we got in we were attacked. I was knocked out in the fight. I woke up on a train. An armed man tried to kill me but I got away. Then I met, Kaori, who got me into the town. She and I had to participate in an arena fight to the death and we met Thaddeus. The three of us went to rescue Kaori's sister. Apparently the zombies had gotten in and been trapped in the main convention area. There were thousands. When we finally found Kaori's sister she was dead. I won't go into the details of the whole thing but we had to kill a group of nerds and then the zombies flooded after us. The three of us left that aweful place. When we left we ran into Dave and Beethoven. The five of us started to head north. On our way out of the city we ran into Tony and Keegan. The six of us are heading to San Fransisco. Hopefully that city fared better than San Diego.

thirsha42

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 04:36:22 AM »
May 26, 2 ZE
We made it to San Fransisco. We have been taking whatever cars we could find that run on diesel and that has gotten us this far. Along the way we found a downed Cessna, that girl I met at my house, an infected man, an infected woman, and I swear it was Bill Cosby. He was one of them but I swear it was him. We met a woman before we got into the city. She said her prison base had been overrun. We went to help but were only able to save one woman. When we went back to see what we could do for the survivors we found some of her friends had escaped. We hatched a plan to wipe them out. We snuck into their base and took out a couple of guards before things went to hell. Somehow we managed to survive. These people are sick. They were trying to weaponize this plague. Who knows how many innocent people they killed. We found a tunnel. This was clearly a forward base. We will be seeing more of them eventually but not soon I think. We went into the city to look for survivors. So far we have only met a zenophobic group in a mall. Things are destroyed here. We found an intact corporate jet and Keegan told us he was an airforce pilot before he joined the police. We decided to head to the east coast. If any where will be safe, DC will be. We took the jet to Dallas to refuel. The jet had some kind of problem. Keegan is trying to fix it. I don't have high Hopes. Keegan, Tony and Beethoven are going to stay with the plane while the rest of us look for survivors and supplies.

May 29, 2 ZE
We ran into a biker gang today. Who knows how they managed to survive. Their leader was delusional. It became obvious to us real quick and we killed the six of them before they could kill or rob us. We took their supplies and a motorcycle. When we got back to the plane Tony was really happy. He says the bike is some kind of super classic bike, priceless, rare and on and on. Keegan said he managed to fix the plane but that we couldn't take the motorcycle because it wouldn't fit. Tony wouldn't let it go so finally we took the bike apart and put it on the plane. Keegan and jackie were not happy about this. They get along well enough, at least neither of them really likes tony all that much. Kaori seems to like everyone and Thaddeus is pleasant enough but I am getting kind of tired of him. He is really clingy. Tony and Dave have really hit it off. Dave likes motorbikes too and this seems to be good for the two of them. Christina is a loose cannon. She snaps constantly. She apologizes later but it is really getting on my nerves. Tomorrow we fly to Washington.

Jun 22, 2 ZE
When we flew over DC the entire airport was overrun with those things. We decided to head for New York instead. When we landed we set up a base of operations in the airport. We have been here for a few weeks and found one friendly survivor, Kelly. She looks like a master swordsman with her sword. I'm really glad to have her on board.

Jul 15, 2 ZE
We met another survivor today. His name is Geno. He looks and acts like he was a gangster or maybe just a wannabe but he seems sincere enough. I have been training Beethoven to be a guard dog. He is getting really good at it.

Aug 8, 2 ZE
Another survivor found us today. Her name is Kim. She saw us fly in and wants to work with us but I get the sense that she is still primarily concerned with herself and not the group. We have been improving the security of this base. Keegan and Kelly have been building traps. Dave, Kim and Christina have been making defensive barriers and positions and Tony, Geno, Jackie and I have been making tools and weapons for the group. Kaori and Thaddeus have volunteered to take watch duty so the rest of us can utilize our skills for these jobs. We found a welding torch and a van today. It is in perfect condition and runs on diesel. We have been using the oil from fast food restaurants to create bio diesel to keep it running. I hope that our luck holds. Tomorrow we start exploring Manhattan and Ellis islands.