Author Topic: New crafting recipes  (Read 124950 times)

Jim

Re: New crafting recipes
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 05:36:05 PM »
@ Tiaximus, I can clearly understand what you're saying as well but in the real world as the game promotes, I believe more people will shoot their eye out with the vast array of weapons at our disposal than the injuries inflicted by antibiotics or sutures...
Cinn4monTwist made a great point in the fact that we are lucky that we do have the means to heal... I fully support our medical supplies and the hope to be able to craft them as well...
We don't know the backgrounds of the NPC's, but as the story continues, we might learn that 1 is a nurse, or a dentist or a veterinarian... Something to think about as we move forward in this challenge...
You'de be suprised who survived the apocolypse. There's a couple of crazy cats out there. You'll find somebody, your right. & as for the cherry bomb, I agree. It can work just like the flash bang which is already in the game. I don't know what it would need though either.

irish chevy

• I think I'll miss bacon most of all
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 06:43:21 PM »
Walkie talkie + black powder + batteries + steel pipe = remote bomb. Can be used as trap. Gonna lose the fight for your stong hold? Run, then blow it and them up. If I can't have it no one can
nothing good can come from living with normal people

All the crafting recipes are on this google doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApxE69ieWUJTdFZDaW1yQVk3TGVRZmNfM1FuRUY0d2c&usp=sharing

-asdf-

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 08:38:13 PM »
Ultimate Door : Barred Door + Double Barred Door + Reinforced Door + Locked Door.

Tstormj215

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »
Ultimate Door : Barred Door + Double Barred Door + Reinforced Door + Locked Door.
Use Blast Door instead and that looks really good.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 09:54:42 PM »
Bayonet Rifle

Knife + (Selected Rifles) + Duct Tape = Bayonet Rifle

It would have a combo attack

1 or 2 shots + melee attack

Only certain rifles can use this mod.

This should increase the melee modified of your weapon not give you a melee attack as well (In my opinion) that way when I run out of ammunition instead of reloading I could just attack since the rifle with a bayonet would give a +5 or possibly +6 melee modifier instead of a dismal 2. Making it a viable method to go melee instead of simply having to reload.

I completely understand what you are saying(and respect your opinion!)but SurvivorZ isn't going to be realistic as possible. Be glad you can heal yourself in the game at all. Growing up with my mother (being a nurse) is better at suturing & first aid then I am but I would suggest you consider a character that best represents you & play as that person (unless you want to be in the game itself, which I would recommend to you). I would suck at suturing, probably injure myself in the process, but it's a game.

I completely agree with this.

Tiaximus

• Dog Sled
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »
*Sigh *

If I can use any gun I want, use any medical supplies like a physician, pour concrete like a pro and murder other evil survivors with glee...

...why don't the damn cars work?  :)

Sometimes it seems you guys pick and choose which rules of magic you want to abide by on a whim.    ;)

Let's use the current rules of game logic--gasoline is rendered impotent at this point according to the logical expiration date set on it.  According to this line of logic, antibiotics go out of date after 1 year, so they should be out as well (or at the very latest a few weeks after the game starts). 

There are ways of healing outside of items--I haven't used a med kit in months, and only recently because a firebomb went off in Dave's face (the poor guy).  Just sit tight.  You'll heal.  Again, this is another interesting game logic vs. game logic contradiction, because some of the splash pages mention the tiniest wound potentially being lethal. 

I think we should all agree that ALL of our ideas of logic are sound, and it's the developer's choice that sets the rules of physics and chemistry in the game world.  Nobody's ideas are stupid, wrong, or illogical until the developers rule a suggestion out.  Also, remember that, when you say someone's suggestion is not 'serious,' take a step back and look at the fact that 1) we're discussing a game and 2) there are zombies in it.   ???
Have a question?  It might have already been answered.  Check:  http://forums.mongadillo.com/index.php?topic=268.0

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Nobody's ideas are stupid, wrong, or illogical until the developers rule a suggestion out.  Also, remember that, when you say someone's suggestion is not 'serious,' take a step back and look at the fact that 1) we're discussing a game and 2) there are zombies in it.   ???

Agreed (There are not stupid ideas). As for not being serious though... suggesting an elephant to find (and tame) or a bear to be able to armor and ride around like the golden compass and or lightsabers are where I consider outside the realm of serious.
(Though this is just my personal opinion)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:56:15 PM by god »

-asdf-

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »
Nobody's ideas are stupid, wrong, or illogical until the developers rule a suggestion out.  Also, remember that, when you say someone's suggestion is not 'serious,' take a step back and look at the fact that 1) we're discussing a game and 2) there are zombies in it.   ???

Agreed (There are not stupid ideas). As for not being serious though... suggesting an elephant to find (and tame) or a bear to be able to armor and ride around like the golden compass and or lightsabers are where I consider outside the realm of serious.
I agree mostly with God, but I just can't help but imagine how easy, adding a lightsaber into the game, would make my life in SZ

thock321

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2014, 12:59:23 AM »

I agree mostly with God, but I just can't help but imagine how easy, adding a lightsaber into the game, would make my life in SZ
Do you mean SZ as in Shen Zhen?

-asdf-

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2014, 02:06:37 AM »

Do you mean SZ as in Shen Zhen?
.......................... SZ as in Survivor Z..... Lol

Silentshadow

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2014, 03:36:35 AM »
Bayonet Rifle

Knife + (Selected Rifles) + Duct Tape = Bayonet Rifle

It would have a combo attack

1 or 2 shots + melee attack

Only certain rifles can use this mod.

This should increase the melee modified of your weapon not give you a melee attack as well (In my opinion) that way when I run out of ammunition instead of reloading I could just attack since the rifle with a bayonet would give a +5 or possibly +6 melee modifier instead of a dismal 2. Making it a viable method to go melee instead of simply having to reload.

I agree with with god.more then once i have found myself in a situation were I had to reaload with 4 30+ strong herds breathing down my neck. It would be good to have this as an option.luckly i did t die. Because for some reason, none of them attacked
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:07:10 AM by god »
Insert Famous Quote
         - Jk

Jim

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2014, 04:50:54 AM »
I love the bayonette idea. Now how about shampoo+soap+water bottle+Water purifier=sink (used to was germs of hands & clean up cuts on hands,would use 20 days of water.) does that seem reasonable? Heals about 5 hp? If not that then mabye a sort of tub for the dog?

Silentshadow

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 05:00:07 AM »
When the dog comes into play, I guess you'll see what it will be used for, mabye that will work out.
Insert Famous Quote
         - Jk

survivor666

• Rule 666: Stay away from "hell".
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2014, 05:38:24 AM »
Assualt Rifle+Small tube+?+Gernade=Gernade Launcher

Trying to use logic here.
~Ze Devil~
Your "guardian"
survivor666

-asdf-