Author Topic: Suggestions / Wish list  (Read 218555 times)

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
Re: Suggestions / Wish list
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 04:35:53 AM »
Yeah that's why I said it's a small one cause I agree much more important ideas are in front of it.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 09:12:58 AM »
Could you possibly show what gun each caliber uses? Some of the guns don't say and I can only find out from memory or until I get more of that round. (For example the magnum revolver and magnum pistol always confuses me because it never says if it's using .44 of .357)

EDIT: Also could you make it so that scoped rifles like the .30-.06 and the .50 cal can be used in the place of binoculars? Because in Real Life I probably wouldn't carry binoculars if I had my .243 with me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:28:49 AM by god »

Mastar

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »
Thought I'd make a few suggestions/what I'd like to see in the future. Some I know have been said already, but it doesn't hurt to let you know more people want it.

-safe houses, and hopefully upgrades and fortifications that can be made like reinforced walls, boarded up or barred windows, barbed wire, alarms, traps, gun slots for shooting out of, maybe some kind of gunner or sniper post on the roof. Also it would be cool if you could manage your survivors there, like have some stay at the house to guard it or gather food and water while yourself and the rest of your survivors go out to scavenge
-stackable inventory, and I like the idea of having containers to organize of add extra inventory space, like the backpacks and duffle bags
-vehicles, also maybe with upgrades
-upgradable weapons, armor, and tools. I've noticed they already have levels, though I've never found anything yet over level 1, so maybe this already exists or is in the works. But I like the idea of weapons and armor leveling up as you use them and become more skilled with them.
-more detailed information on the reverse side of items. For weapons, I'd like to see damage, ammo type, clip size/max number of shots fired per turn. For armor, only thing I can think of is amount of armor given and the position the armor is worn.
-armor specific to armor slots. Right now you can equip any piece of armor in any slot, but it doesn't give you the armor bonus unless its in the right place.
-crafting. I'd like to see explosives (Molotov cocktails seem easy enough to make) and first aid kits be craftable with scavenged items. Also maybe making improvements to weapons, like adding a knife/bayonet to the barrel of a gun with some duct tape, wrapping barbed wire around a melee weapon like a baseball bat, or reinforcing armor with metal plates or just thicker materials.
-chain saws, swords, explosives

This is what I have so far. Keep up the great work, I love everything so far and appreciate the fact that it looks like the dev team really cares and listens to player feedback, which is why I'm posting here in the first place.
Mastar - level 17

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
I know they have higher level things. I've found 4-5 items level 2 and can only assume as I continue to grow I'll get more and more items of a higher level.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:13 PM »
Could you possibly show what gun each caliber uses? Some of the guns don't say and I can only find out from memory or until I get more of that round. (For example the magnum revolver and magnum pistol always confuses me because it never says if it's using .44 of .357)

EDIT: Also could you make it so that scoped rifles like the .30-.06 and the .50 cal can be used in the place of binoculars? Because in Real Life I probably wouldn't carry binoculars if I had my .243 with me.

We are planning upgrades to weapons, scopes, laser sights, etc.  One higher level weapon has been released, the Walther P99.  As for ammo, we didn't want to confuse anyone, so ammo auto assigns to the guns it is compatible with.  So in other words, if you find 9MM rounds, they will work in your uzi and your pistol. 

And I agre with you about the .44 and the .357, and I have updated the database, from now on, (or at least next time we refresh the DB, the .44 will be called simply ".44 magnum"  (Clint Eastwood face) "The most powerful handgun in the world". 
Bring on The Dead

MacheteMachete

• Welcome to the Big House! - Interactive Challenge
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »
Hey Mastar I want to thank you for your definite time and interest in the game. You obviousleyare thinking along the same lines as the rest of us in terms of vision as much of what you said is being looked into! Have you any ideas for stories yourself? If you do feel free to try the http://www.inklestudios.com/inklewriter story writer.
Also I encourage you to read as much of this forum as possible because the admin goes into detail on several suggestions very similar to yours!

Thanks!
Chop, Chop, let's go!

bay

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 01:22:14 AM »
What? Wait. Now I'm confused. I thought the interactive story writing was very much under development... Couple of questions: 1) how does Inklewriter relate to the 'interactive fiction manual' forum thread? 2) (how) can we add items required to complete a story (e.g. a crowbar) and 3) can we add (random) items to scavenge after successfully completing a story? 4) will there be a 'board of supervisors' heavily scrutinizing all user submitted stories for, for instance, believability, writing style, balancing (to prevent, let's say, the addition of too many stories containing humongous zombie hordes)? 5) can we flag our stories with something like 'level X required' before they will become available?

More questions pop up while typing. Wrong thread?

I'm heavily excited about this feature and will definitely try to write my own stuff =D As a whole, I love where this game is going! Keep up the good work guys!

noblelance

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »
I'd like to see a very tiny change correction.

If I clear out an area it goes grey, but if I come back to the app after a few hours or a real life day, the area around my house lets say which I've cleared is white again, so I wondering if the game could remember you went there and keep it greyed out rather than re-whiting it.

MacheteMachete

• Welcome to the Big House! - Interactive Challenge
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 12:03:15 PM »
What? Wait. Now I'm confused. I thought the interactive story writing was very much under development... Couple of questions: 1) how does Inklewriter relate to the 'interactive fiction manual' forum thread? 2) (how) can we add items required to complete a story (e.g. a crowbar) and 3) can we add (random) items to scavenge after successfully completing a story? 4) will there be a 'board of supervisors' heavily scrutinizing all user submitted stories for, for instance, believability, writing style, balancing (to prevent, let's say, the addition of too many stories containing humongous zombie hordes)? 5) can we flag our stories with something like 'level X required' before they will become available?

...q

More questions pop up while typing. Wrong thread?

I'm heavily excited about this feature and will definitely try to write my own stuff =D As a whole, I love where this game is going! Keep up the good work guys!

Inklewriter is a practice tool. Similar to the Zdaywriter inklewriter allows you to practice. Stories go through mongadillo and they have to fit within guidelines. Post a practice story :)
Chop, Chop, let's go!

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 12:53:10 PM »
Yes, challenges are level specific, you want to write a level 10 challenge, only players level 10 and up will see it. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »

We are planning upgrades to weapons, scopes, laser sights, etc.  One higher level weapon has been released, the Walther P99.  As for ammo, we didn't want to confuse anyone, so ammo auto assigns to the guns it is compatible with.  So in other words, if you find 9MM rounds, they will work in your uzi and your pistol. 

And I agre with you about the .44 and the .357, and I have updated the database, from now on, (or at least next time we refresh the DB, the .44 will be called simply ".44 magnum"  (Clint Eastwood face) "The most powerful handgun in the world".

Yeah I got the Walther P99 and the combat knife is also level 2. Though I was wondering why level 1 weapons do less damage than their higher level constituents (The machete doing more than the combat knife).  it looks the nicest (besides the .50 cal) out of all my guns. Ok I was just checking because I can see scopes on my .30-.06 and .50 but can't use them for binoculars. I do love "The most powerful handgun in the world"

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
I will add the scope mechanism to the scoped rifles today. 

As for the levels of guns.  It doesn't guarantee that they are going to do more damage, only that they are more desirable for one reason or another, maybe they are more dependable, sophisticated, accurate, etc. 

Good Catch on the scoped weapons use as binoculars, the functionality is supported, I just forgot to turn it on.

Ed
Bring on The Dead

Spectreme

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 05:17:23 AM »
I think having zombie drop items will help players that travel less frequently still be able to play the game but they just won't be able to easily surpass players that go around frequently. In a sense players that travel less (low risk, low gain). Players that's travel frequently (higher risk, higher gain). I think this will also help new players get the feel and sense of the game before venturing out since areas that have already been cleared are safer compared to unexplored areas.

benstrikesback

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 05:54:25 AM »
I think having zombie drop items will help players that travel less frequently still be able to play the game but they just won't be able to easily surpass players that go around frequently. In a sense players that travel less (low risk, low gain). Players that's travel frequently (higher risk, higher gain). I think this will also help new players get the feel and sense of the game before venturing out since areas that have already been cleared are safer compared to unexplored areas.

I agree. Maybe a small drop rate (say, maybe 1 out of 4 zombies), but good enough to where we'll have something to do when we run out of places -- especially for those who live in a smaller area.
--
Got a question? Message me.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 07:23:01 AM »
I was wondering... after 5-7 days in game shouldn't we be ale to re clear areas because I feel like in real life survivors would come by and could possibly drop some items or something like say. I also say this because I have been systematically clearing out all the location from my house by running errands. I'd say by the end of next week every place within 30 minutes of my house will most certainly be cleared. ( I live in the suburbs outside of jackonville) and I'd really prefer to not have to drive so far just to play this game.

(In case you are wondering I'm level 7 with 11679 xp)