Author Topic: Suggestions / Wish list  (Read 220145 times)

Hindle92

• Just your neighbourhood zombie slayer.
Re: Suggestions / Wish list
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
Also, will there be any co-op features which allows other players to work together to complete challenges or share ammo, or supplies?
just your neighbour Zombie slayer!

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
Player Co-Op is coming too, around the same time as PvP
Bring on The Dead

Darkrajin

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:56 PM »
A weird one... and possibly would make the game too easy... Unless it was done realistically of course... What about the ability to set up a small farm in certain areas... like where I live, there is a woodlands area... If I was in a survival situation like this, I would set up, small plots for producing food (not much, and spread out over several areas, to reduce plundering from other survivors). Planting an apple tree or two in an area, where it may take a couple of months before it is grown enough to produce food.

In the woodlands area, I probably just plant fruit trees, while in more open field area, I might plant wheat and such... It would take months for produce of course...

bay

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 02:06:50 AM »
I have a small fortune in lighters too.  But yes, strongholds and safe houses are included in the feature map, coming soon. 

Whats the difference between a safe house and strong hold you ask? 

A safe house is a place that you have cleared and secured, and deposited some inventory items into, a kind of "fall back position, if you will.  Safe houses are secured, so there can never be infected inside, but are unguarded, so once PvP is enabled, other players may be able to find and take your stuff without your knowing it. 

Strongholds are the same as above, but are guarded by NPCs the player "assigns" to guard duty.  If a rival player tries to take a stronghold, the player will be notified he is under attack, and can choose to defend himself/herself. 

Also, all players will have the opportunity to create one unguarded "Stronghold", this would typically be your home base (bunker) but can be located anywhere you like (at your office, wherever).  Better to reduce the risk of detection by locating it somewhere remote, as opposed to the middle of a crowded city or urban area.       

This sounds totally amazing! I get the impression there is quite a creative team working on this game =) However, when I'm reading this literally, it doesn't say anything about "actually storing items in a safe house" (although my guess is this is strongly implicated) nor about a "limit on inventory".

Another thing: will there be a manual about all these game mechanics somewhere? There seem to be coming more and more of these. Or do you guys opt for trial and error?

TheVeryTC

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 05:36:19 AM »
Is it too late to add short descriptions for our locales?

I ask because it may be nice to have something for my city (Calgary, Canada) -- would be nice to see.
Acct Name: Johannes
Current Level: 10

benstrikesback

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 06:50:46 AM »
Is it too late to add short descriptions for our locales?

I ask because it may be nice to have something for my city (Calgary, Canada) -- would be nice to see.

Maybe that could be user submitted. I would hate to task them with going through and detailing a place like Sweetwater, Texas, haha. With them releasing the fiction writer tool here soon + their plans for user-contributed content, I don't see why location descriptions would be totally unreasonable.
--
Got a question? Message me.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 09:57:47 AM »
Add a brief description of what your town looks like after the Apoc, and I will put it in.  Here are the formats:

140 words (top description paragraph)
210 words (lower paragraph) 

Ed

Bring on The Dead

MacheteMachete

• Welcome to the Big House! - Interactive Challenge
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 08:00:28 AM »
Sooo. A Thought ha occured to me. We can't find more stuff in old locations. Cool. I get that. But what about these zombies coming in that we can fight after we clear a spot? Surely one or two have pistols or machetes strapped to them or a can of spam in their backpacks. Maybe even a little armor on them??? Search bodies? We can do it in challenges. Why not use it to occasionally spice up old locations??
Chop, Chop, let's go!

benstrikesback

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 08:12:53 AM »
Sooo. A Thought ha occured to me. We can't find more stuff in old locations. Cool. I get that. But what about these zombies coming in that we can fight after we clear a spot? Surely one or two have pistols or machetes strapped to them or a can of spam in their backpacks. Maybe even a little armor on them??? Search bodies? We can do it in challenges. Why not use it to occasionally spice up old locations??

I actually really like this idea. This would clear up the time periods in which you've already searched everything in your area -- maybe not get an item drop every time, but at least something for us folks to keep playing the game in areas we've exhausted (like around our homes / work).
--
Got a question? Message me.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 03:28:25 PM »
I had a few suggestions but luckily you guys are just as smart as me so you have come up with pretty much all of them.

I was hoping there would be a guide to the limitations of our items, because I've found myself thinking outside the parameters of your items (for example during the rabbit one I wanted to use my sewing kit to create a snare so I wouldn't have to use bullets) or during the ghost challenge (SPOILER ALERT: I wanted to use my gas and lighter to burn down the woods to flush out the archer. So if I could get limitations or a guide or something that would be very appreciated.

Also when the ability to create a safe house comes I think it would be a good idea to allow us to slowly move outward to clear more locations. (Since I live in my house it would be awesome that after I clear the areas closest to me I can then move to the next closest locations and etc.) I get the premise but I am constrained sometimes and still want to play.

Then, I don't know if I'm an unlucky scavenger but besides June (in the prelude) I haven't met a single npc period. The closest I came was SPOILER ALERT the armored truck and they didn't wanna talk at all so yeah I must be missing something or just unlucky.

Finally: Is there anyway you could show me how close I am to leveling up weapons and myself? Also perhaps when achievements are achieved and stuff like that we could get bonuses. Like when I kill a medium sized horde per.

Finally again: Why can't I pick arrows back up after missing and more importantly killing the zombie? I would really like that...

Edit: Finally Finally again: could you make it so that it actually tells me how many days I've been topside? It just keeps saying day 1 when I have been topside for at least 5.... and perhaps getting perks for being alive for such a long time would be good too.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:33:05 PM by god »

Darkrajin

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »
Funny thing, my game says I have spent 2 days above ground xD

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
Funny thing, my game says I have spent 2 days above ground xD

Hmmm, well maybe it's just a glitch with me but it has been at minimum 3 days and it still tells me it is day 1. 

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »
Hmm,  Re: Days above ground.  Have any of you reset the game?  That resets the clock.  We will look into that one. 

@ god:  Regarding the arrows, we will take a look at arrow recovery, thats a good one.  Re: feeling constrained, vehicles are coming soon, they will increase your search radius. 

Re: NPCs - NPCs are hard to find, and almost impossible for lower level players.  This is by design, you are not "lucky" 

Re: Leveling up - We had leveling up info on the original UI, (XP needed for next level), but it got scratched in favor of a tidier layout. 

Re: Leveling weapons - Weapon level ups are an advanced feature that's coming, will be included in "crafting" update

Re: Achievement, take a look at the achievements table if you haven't (Player status>touch achievements)
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
I have checked the achievement table I was saying perhaps it would be interesting to have certain achievements buff your players. For instance if I kill a large horde maybe it increases weapon damage or health or something.

Also this is very minor, but perhaps the ability to swap parts of a guy so I can make the picture of my guy look more like myself. I'm currently the guy with a machete and ball cap but I'd love to be able to make him resemble myself more. (Maybe just allow us to swap the already preset hair and head and cloth designs you have.) Again this is a minor thing but customization always integrates players more and since your game reads like a comic I figure everyone wants to resemble themselves as much as possible so they can get as immersed as possible.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 12:21:28 AM »
Oh, well actually, every time you kill an opponent with a ballistic weapon, your skill with that weapon increases, same with melee weapons.  Thats what the "modifier" value is on your player status card next to Ballistic and Melee Values.  The Value is the strength of the weapon, the modifier is your skill with it. 

As for customizing avatars, I feel where you're coming from, but its not high on my priorities list. 

E
Bring on The Dead