Author Topic: Suggestions / Wish list  (Read 222537 times)

Doomslayer

Re: Suggestions / Wish list
« Reply #1440 on: October 07, 2015, 02:59:55 PM »
Many players have the dog(s) npcs in game. that being said, would it be possible to change how the dog works in game,  specifically when the dog is placed in a stronghold to defend it. With the dog placed inside, and if you had human npcs placed in that same stronghold, would it be possible to have the defenders attack first, because the dog alerts them to the threat of enemies attacking. It would add some difficulty to the attackers, currently you can spam with grenades, and over take any stronghold. I think the dogs could add some balance in that regards. Thanks and cheers guys.
You better believe it

FERGUSON

• I am become death; destroyer of worlds.
« Reply #1441 on: January 29, 2016, 12:35:52 AM »
One major suggestion I have is inventory related. I have quite a few items in my safehouse, and when I am crafting, it gets bothersome to have to scroll through 12 pages to get some items.

In an actual apocalypse scenario, my safehouse would be organized. no doubt. I have even tried to organize my safehouse with the current system, but its hard. you can't move items around within the base. The only option you have to put all of your armor, or guns, or blades, or fortifications together is to bring it all into your hand and then put it back into the safehouse so it is at the end.

It may be as simple as allowing player to move items around within the base in the same way he does in his hands, however, theres a more fun way:

I was thinking maybe a floor plan system where upon entry, you see blueprints with the layout of your safehouse or stronghold, and each "room" could have a different kind of item. For example,

garage = vehicles and tools/equipment.
bedroom/barracks = survivors and health items
closet = armor
armory 1= ballistics weapons
armory 2= melee weapons
storage room = fortifications.

Or, just leave the rooms blank and have the player designate them as he pleases.

This also opens the door to a minigame or something where a player can design the layout of his base and store things where he likes, maybe setting his traps and fortifications in strategic locations for survivors to encounter.

You could also build walls and gardens and maybe make a farm and well. A windmill to power your electric fence (hint)

Just thought of this now, you could have a whole new location (like a map pack, but automatic when you join a clan) that is just blueprints of one big clan compound. A virtual city of safehouses and the surrounding terrain where you can view your clan member's layouts, share traps and fortifications to help each other, etc.

I may be getting too complex and specific, but hey, this would be cool, and would be a nice change of pace for those of us who have played all the encounters and can only search everywhere.

Hope you get to see this,

Ferguson
And though I walk in the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for the Lord is my shepherd, and he provided me with 17 NPCs; I shall not want.

Loplw4

« Reply #1442 on: February 01, 2016, 10:04:50 AM »
Can we please make it so in friendly clan/un captured area will still show the blue dot you would have if your/the rival stronghold would contain  survivors in that area for unclaimed/ friendlies strongholds  please I feel like this will be very helpful for other survivors including myself and other than that keep up the good work guys don't give up on this game because I'm sure others especially me love this game and just like all the ideas you make/put in this game I have been playing this game for years and glad to see you guys still working on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vixen525

« Reply #1443 on: March 29, 2016, 08:10:18 PM »
So we start off the game making our way to our well stocked bunker, with nearly a year's supply of food and water, guns, ammo and a machete...

Yet, despite our supposed preparedness, we don't even have any duct tape? What kind of prepper doesn't have at least a couple rolls of duct tape on hand? And rope!

IRL I only have a couple months worth of food and water, 6 guns. 500 rounds of ammo for those guns, 6 rolls of duct tape, 5 coils of rope, a shovel, 10 swords (because I like to collect them), several knives, two crossbows, a multi-tool, a couple lighters, and a water purifier. That's just scratching the surface.

My sister, who is significantly less prepared than me, still has duct tape, rope, a multi-tool, a few knives, and a water purifier (a gift)

Honestly, what house doesn't have at least one roll of duct tape in it?
It's also specifically mentioned you have a HAM radio, so why isn't there one in you inventory when you leave your bunker? And if you know you are after water, why aren't you carrying a bottle for it?

Okay, ranting over.

Suggestion 1:
Upon leaving your bunker, since you are obviously a well-prepared individual, these things should also be added to your inventory along with the Machete you already get:
  • 2-4 Duct Tape
  • 1-3 Rope
  • Work Boots
  • Multi-Tool and/or Tool Kit
  • HAM radio
  • Water Purifier
  • Blanket
  • Water Bottle

Suggestion 2:
Organized Safehouse/Strongholds.
First is selectable tabs for each type.
  • Armory for Weapons
  • Closet for Armor
  • Defense for Fortification and Traps
  • Garage for Vehicles
  • Living Area for Survivors and Medical
  • Shed for Raw Materials
  • Workshop for Crafting Materials and Tools
In the Armory, sort Weapons first by 2-handed Ballistic, 2-handed Melee, 1-handed Ballistic, 1-handed Melee. Those sections are then sorted by strength. Living Area sorted by Medical first, max healing to least healing, then Companions sorted by level (high to low), then alphabetical. Vehicles by range/distance. Workshop alphabetical.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:26:48 PM by Vixen525 »

Kitten

« Reply #1444 on: August 06, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »
Hello, new to the forum but loving the game, just wanted to suggest a few weapons mainly. I noticed that the  Beretta M9/92FS is not in the game, which I thought was kind of weird since they are all over the place, and the U.S. military uses them so there would be lots of them after a zombie apocalypse. Also the aig sauer p226/228/220/227/229, Colt Python, and Remington model 700 (M24).

A-Prov

« Reply #1445 on: September 14, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »
Hello, new to the forum but loving the game, just wanted to suggest a few weapons mainly. I noticed that the  Beretta M9/92FS is not in the game, which I thought was kind of weird since they are all over the place, and the U.S. military uses them so there would be lots of them after a zombie apocalypse. Also the aig sauer p226/228/220/227/229, Colt Python, and Remington model 700 (M24).

Kitten,

Glad that you are enjoying the game. It's awesome. Those are all great suggestions of weapons. There is in fact a Sig Sauer in the game, as well as a Savage M-20.

Have you purchased any of the city passes or joined a clan. That will help you enjoy the game even more.
Member of FO Legion, also known as Freedom Outpost

For Survivor Z tips, download the Palringo Messenger app, search Freedom Outpost, and join!