Author Topic: The Survivor Z World Atlas Project  (Read 20739 times)

TheHunter

• It's good to be back.
Re: The Survivor Z World Atlas Project
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
Rochester Hills Michigan was a deserted wasteland after the collapse
Besides me there was one survivor but he disappeared a while ago after he attacked me
I have a whole portion of my city to myself looking for new survivors I can trust
But for now it's just me and my stockpile to the end

bone_breaker

• If you don't have armor, find some.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »
Singapore
A small island, most of the population of Singapore were among the undead in the first few days. After the ports were closed and the bridges destroyed, starvation took over the city quickly, and that was how most people died. The survivors now fight the undead on a constant basis. With only a few weapons on the island, most people started crafting makeshift weapons to fight the hordes. People have started to fight each other to claim territory. Many roaming bands are now running around the ruins of the city, causing major battles when meeting a rival group. Most of the undead were killed after a few months, and the island is now in total anarchy, with the only threat being the port and the city, the heavily overrun areas that have been sealed off by rubble of destroyed buildings. The undead are the least of your worries here, your biggest worry are the living.
Key points:
Port and city are overrun but sealed off.
Roaming bands of dangerous rival survivors.
Bridges destroyed.
Weapons are scarce, most are makeshift.

Not mentioned in story:
Undead starting to drift in from the ocean.
Mutations starting to begin in heavily overrun areas.
Wildlife is scarce.
Animals released from zoos are slowly growing in numbers, the more dangerous ones starting to hunt down survivors.
New breeds of the undead starting to appear in rural areas, be on watch.
Runners are common.
Small hordes appearing, potential break in the "barriers" around te city and port.

Centenkiko

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »
The Netherlands

Due to the anti-gun rule in The Netherlands, citizens often did not have the means to protect themselves. Even the police started fleeing, untill the Dutch army took comtrol of the situation, and started thinning them out. Very few humans survived, and even less military soldiers. The people who did survive, however, started looting the nearby towns for large amounts of supplies. Some reports have been heard of ex motor bike gangs surviving and building their bases close to the major cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht.

(This is just a short one I made, if anyone likes it and replies I'll make a longer and better one. So far, I've gotten 2 friends to play this game, and although they don't know eachother, we can manage to survive in the town called Amersfoort)

fngs

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »
It's hard to say which spreads faster, "the disease" as we call it, or panic. It said on TV that hospitals are overwhelmed by all those sick people. There are no cure, no treatment, we donít even know what it is, virus of some kind maybe. Then comes the rumor, our national leaders are being evacuated to underground bunker built for nuclear attacks. I doubt how that works for them. And soon, over 20 million populations that lived in Beijing, once was an international megacity, started to rush out of town, and thatís the first time I heard the Z word. I would never forget what I saw on TV that day, it was outside the train station, crowded with frightened faces, and then came from nowhere, screaming started, you canít tell what they saw at that time, but soon everyone knows. People, or at least used to be, started to bite, chase and feast on each other, it happened so fast , one of them rushed to the camera and then. I donít really know how to describe that moment, but I think thatís when we all  know this is the end.
ē   I guess what keeps me alive is I love fantasy, those apocalypse scenarios. I rushed to the market days ago, twice, when I know about the virus. Spent all my money buying can food, anything last more than a year, I bought it without a second thought. And I noticed most of my neighbours had abandoned their apartment. I always knew the city was not an ideal place to survive virus attack, but I didnít have any other options, the roads and railways are crowed with infected, solitary seems to be the logical way. Yet under no circumstances Iíd expect being surrounded by millions of potential undeads. My place was an apartment building inside Agricultural University of China. It was during summer break so the campus was rather empty. I lock myself in the room and reinforced my windows with steel bars, with all those food I was waiting it to pass. Hopefully those things werenít so great with stairs, because I lived on the top level. For six months I stayed inside, not making a sound nor light. The power went out in two weeks, first a few days I could get some internet and radio, telling me nothing but what I already knew. On the 8th day the internet went down. The radio became useless since I ran out of battery. Then I killed my time looking outside for a move. First few weeks I look out and saw people running around and running away from their homes, probably due to food shortage. I donít know them and I choose not to make contact at that time. But soon I realize there are no one left I can talk to, when I really need to. By the third month, I cannot seen anyone or anything alive. I think I heard birds singing a couple times but maybe thatís just my illusion, or the sign of me being crazy. Solitary can be really depressing.
ē   As time goes by my food runs low. Almost 6 months passed. Despite how frightened I am, I know I have to go looking for supplyÖ

Part 1, I will post and modify when I finish more.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:49:01 AM by fngs »

KKmainiac

• Today was a good day
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
St. Petersburg, Florida

One of the worst places to be during Zday with all those in the "night life" none knew who was infected till it was too late, the military locked this city down two weeks before everything went to hell. Too bad they lost contact when that zed got into the base. I survived by getting to a friend who has been preparing for this for years so we took over an old mansion Al Capone used to have.

Things are not good we have been spotting a other group of survivors and these military helicopters and planes keep bringing in these hordes. We almost die every supply run, we need help.

Looks like that other group of survivors were friendlys we even knew a couple of them. We now have  then enter south side of the town secure we are even growing food, but the hordes are still a problem

(What do you guys think  about that)
This world, is an illusion

irish chevy

• I think I'll miss bacon most of all
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 02:15:28 PM »
Working at fedex when the virus hit was interesting. Before any one knew what it was both fedex and ups whent from delivering packages to being used as makeshift ambulances. Instead of packages lining the shelfs, they were the sick and injured. As the days when by and "the change" started happening the trucks were once again changed and used as mobile containment areas. Instead of the hospital we were told to go to the incinerators with the sick. That to changed back to medical and suvivor transportation. That too came to a skidding halt. All that the few that made it thru the first few weeks have fortified the terminal and surrounding fuel depots that still have any remaing diesl for our vehicles. We now scout for food and water that is still around. It's been working so far. With the size and noise the trucks make we rarely go out. As for as matinace goes there is none. Never thought that one could scab together 4 trucks to make one.  Morale is getting worse as time goes by since the local national guard flew the last chopper out a few weeks ago taking by force most of our fuel. What we get for trying to help bring peace and order back to the area. As for the coast guard they sit out in the middle of Lake Ontario and give us a break when needed in trade for food and water. We fight on hoping that one day we will win but as of now it doesn't look good. If any suvivors read this we are taking in people especially if you have any mechanical knowledge and will to fight.

Like this one better then my other post
nothing good can come from living with normal people

All the crafting recipes are on this google doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApxE69ieWUJTdFZDaW1yQVk3TGVRZmNfM1FuRUY0d2c&usp=sharing

rfrai2

• Rule 32: Enjoy the Little Things
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 02:28:01 PM »

Id just like to say wheres Australia mate? I live in Queensland, Australia and I cant do the Starbucks challenges because there aren't any here. And I don't know if there are any other survivors or if its mainly a dead zone because I'm not on the map. :'(
Crazy people don't know they are crazy, I know I am crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.
Jack Sparrow

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »

Id just like to say wheres Australia mate? I live in Queensland, Australia and I cant do the Starbucks challenges because there aren't any here. And I don't know if there are any other survivors or if its mainly a dead zone because I'm not on the map. :'(

Contact loclif.

Pan D'emic

• The name's Pan. Brother of Epi, son of Aca and En.
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »
The world map has Australia on it - just right click on the image and select "view image" to see the un-cropped map. Looks like Sydney and Brisbane areas are contested, the Outback is gone and WA...what WA? ;D

Loclif

• Mapping the apocalypse, one survivor at a time.
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 09:48:18 PM »
The world map has Australia on it - just right click on the image and select "view image" to see the un-cropped map. Looks like Sydney and Brisbane areas are contested, the Outback is gone and WA...what WA? ;D

Yup, that particular map is the now out of date North American regional map, I am currently updating it and the world map with new information. Australia is now on my list for a more detailed version. I'm hoping to have everything updated and posted by early January.

razer64

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 06:05:24 AM »

Yup, that particular map is the now out of date North American regional map, I am currently updating it and the world map with new information. Australia is now on my list for a more detailed version. I'm hoping to have everything updated and posted by early January.
Could you also do one for Taiwan or China?

Loclif

• Mapping the apocalypse, one survivor at a time.
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 06:37:54 AM »

Could you also do one for Taiwan or China?

China shouldn't be an issue. Taiwan on the other hand has a fairly high concentration of players over a comparatively small area, so I need to find a decent sized non-copyrighted map I can convert and work from to be reasonably accurate, as creating a regional map from scratch for it would be difficult using my current format and still maintaining the same quality. It's on my list though.

If you have any ideas where I could find such a map to speed the process feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:39:34 AM by Loclif »

Death

• I Like Bullets :3
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
i live in yulee, flordia. pretty sure im the only survivor. could be wrong. i dont face many zeds as there arnt that many people that lived here, but its still risky as there is a chance a big horde from jacksonville could come and wipe me, and or other survivors out.
I Like The Smell Of Zombie Death In The Morning

possum740

• Are you bitten?... Well get away please?
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »
First of all, is there anyone in Alabama? Preferably Birmingham?

When the outbreak hit the largest city in Alabama it was mayhem. The Zed had a field day at the nearly 2 dozen hospitals that concentrate around the university hospital in the downtown area. The entire population of humans was decimated as the zombie population flourished... But little did the Zed know, Alabama is full of people who love nothing more than to shoot moving things of any shape. After billions of rounds of all caliber were spent in the early days of the outbreak, the zombie population was cut down by 2/3. Unfortunately, this left ammunition insanely scarce. With no one slinging "literal" metric-shit-tons of lead at the Zed, the remaining third has made Birmingham an extremely dangerous place. While not impossible to survive here, you better get really good with any and all weapons in the melee category.
Are you bitten?... Yes? No?... Is moaning all you can freakin do?

Nmaure

• RAWR
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
Mishawaka, Indiana , a player and I have teamed up to take back the area we will leave various spots of 10-20 locations for item farming and Exp runs and the rest is being taken back from the zombies we are a group called colony z and if anyone is level 5+ and lives nearby is welcome to join our colony !
RAWR-