Author Topic: Tell me about where you live  (Read 22711 times)

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Tell me about where you live
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
In Survivor Z, we have descriptions of many cities, a "post apocalypse" description that is.  For example, if you play in Santa Barbara, CA you might see this when you log in:

"the southern california coastline has become awash with the dead, as millions fled los angeles, santa barbara's resources were quickly depleted"

Or in Anchorage, AK you might see:

"in the winter in anchorage, the undead can become frozen in the ice, unable to move until the spring thaw"

So what I would like, it for you the players to write me a blurb about your home town, how does it look?  How did it go when the S@$& hit the fan where you live? 

Post it here in this thread, and if it is good, I'll put it in the game, and you can brag to your friends "I wrote that".  Keep it to max of 250 characters, including spaces, if you can.

Ed 
Bring on The Dead

FortunesFaded

• Don't Fear The Reaper
Re: Tell me about where you live
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:29:04 PM »
Right now I see the description for Boston, MA (probably since, living in New Hampshire, that's the nearest major city). Would you like for us to only post one for that of your hometown, or would you accept descriptions for multiple local towns, if you know the area quite well?

This is my description for Laconia, New Hampshire, anyways:
"The once quaint ma'-and-pa' shops of downtown Laconia have become rundown, and now only see the stark changing of the seasons and the endless shuffling of the undead."
We face a crossroad, never knowing what's in store;
There's an angel on my shoulder,
There's a devil at my door.

irish chevy

• I think I'll miss bacon most of all
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
Rochester, ny

The once busy city of rochester was once a busy city like any other bit in recent years before the out break had been going down the crapper. Now that it hit the fan the final nail has been put in its coffin

Lost count on letters. But something like that would be fitting for what's been going on in the last 10-15 years here
nothing good can come from living with normal people

All the crafting recipes are on this google doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApxE69ieWUJTdFZDaW1yQVk3TGVRZmNfM1FuRUY0d2c&usp=sharing

TheHunter

• It's good to be back.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »
Rochester Hills, MI

unlike major cities, Rochester Hills consisted mostly of countryside. For the people who stayed it was much easier to survive with less Zeds and lots of fertile land and animals to hunt.

Death

• I Like Bullets :3
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 02:48:45 PM »
Yulee Florida

Desc:A small community torn apart by the apocalypse. nothing left but zeds and cannibals.
I Like The Smell Of Zombie Death In The Morning

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »
Rochester, ny

The once busy city of rochester was once a busy city like any other bit in recent years before the out break had been going down the crapper. Now that it hit the fan the final nail has been put in its coffin

Lost count on letters. But something like that would be fitting for what's been going on in the last 10-15 years here

You live in Rochester? I go up to keuka lake every summer Rochester is a nice town, good airport too.

@death you live in yulee? I live 30 minutes or so from there haha

kelyplm

• "Rule 10: Be Quiet"
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 03:56:38 PM »
Fruita, Colorado

The slow and quiet town of Fruita used to be a nice place, Where you knew everybody in town even if you haven't met them. Now since the apocalypse happened, you can see the shuffling corpses of your old friends and neighbors.
Don't Die Out There.

Tstormj215

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
Worcester, MA. A city of 300,000. Infected people were bused in by the dozens because of the 3 hospitals that call this city their home. The local Police and Military formed a last stand when the dead broke free. They were outnumbered one hundred to one and overrun in the first few hours of the battle.

Ryguy114

• Survival is more than just being alive.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »
Midland, TX

The flat terrain of west Texas makes it easy to spot and track hoards outside of town, but the real treasure lies inside the city. The high rate of gun ownership here will defiantly work to your advantage as well.

Here's a more general one that would work for most all of west Texas:

This region was sparsely populated, excluding a few cites, both helping and hindering your survival. Zed isn't as numerous here, but neither are supplies. Thanks to lack of water, it will be near impossible to travel amongst towns.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:57:03 PM by Ryguy114 »
It doesn't matter how strong you are, mentally or physically, how brave or quick witted, this world will be the end of all of us. This just isn't something that a species survives through, this is our extinction.

razer64

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
Quick question first. I live in Taiwan, and apparently according to wwz the zombie outbreak started here. I just want to know what outbreak storage we going with so I can write a discription for Taiwan.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 05:19:32 PM »
Quick question first. I live in Taiwan, and apparently according to wwz the zombie outbreak started here. I just want to know what outbreak storage we going with so I can write a discription for Taiwan.

This answer is not currently known. Though based off the zed behavior this is no WWZ

KKmainiac

• Today was a good day
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »
St.petersburg, Florida

The once noisy city of St.petersburg, with its tourist and night dewellers, is now empty and silent. Everyone that got out lives on on a boat now, in the sea more empty the remains of the city.
This world, is an illusion

thenewdarwin

• Time is all we have. Do not let it go to waste.
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »
Bannockburn, IL

The rich and lonely estates of Bannockburn lay in waste. Proof that money cannot buy happiness especially in the zombie apocalypse. Among the mega mansions there may be some items hidden away that could be used to protect more then just money now.

248 Characters hope this counts! Thank you so much for your hard work.

Lol from Wikipedia The population was 1,583 at the 2010 census.[1] Part of the Chicago area's affluent North Shore region, Bannockburn has very high real-estate values; the average value for a home in Bannockburn in 2005 was $1,279,700.
Romans 6:4 (NIV)

"We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

Igro

• Hypyiyou!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »
São Paulo, Brazil

Its one of the five biggest cities in the world...and have lots and lots of places to go in the game!

I play the game almost everywhere i go...my girls already start to complain about it ahhahaha.

codybaren

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 07:47:16 PM »
Bloomington, Indiana

Descr: Once home of IU a thriving college town but since the outbreak it is nothing but ruins, undead coeds and fraternity geeks.

May edit still thinking
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:10:27 PM by codybaren »