Author Topic: Vehicles  (Read 62938 times)

Tstormj215

Re: Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »
What about the challenges? In a few, there are groups of hostile survivors that have running cars. Could take one of those. Or another challenge, where there is a perfectly good car. Not spoiling that.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 09:15:09 AM »
Hybrid kind vehicles that can run on water or electricity? I read that somewhere i think

The chances of finding a hydrogen powered car would be virtually 0. The electric car I have no qualms with I have seen a few driving around but a hydrogen car until you can snap some picks of one I would rather seen a gas powered car than one of those floating around.

Ninju

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »
Cars and trucks have been known to start up and run after sitting for a few years with the gas in the tank. I don't know the ratio, but I'd guess that at least 1/10 cars and trucks would run just fine with a battery replacement and old gas.  There are also fuel additives that will help (like sta-bil). Also, if gas is stored in an air tight container, it can last over 10 years.

2 vehicles that I can remember in-game:
Merchant van
Truck on the 'burger joint' mission
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:16:13 PM by Ninju »
You have to adapt in order to survive. Bend your morals, or you'll break eventually.

Voidghoulzer

• Victorious, Observant, Intelligence & Dignified.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 12:34:08 PM »
Hmm,

Ed what I think you have forgotten is about the possibility of vehicles that are not only being actively used by rival survivors, but adapted to survive (aka your armored truck). Modified car parts, alternative fuel sources and more can be done for a vehicle, you got to take count of a survivor's ingenuity.

- -V
Survival of a species will always outweigh anything else. In this case both are fighting for their survival, the only difference is that one had the advantage of evolving to consume the other.

bone_breaker

• If you don't have armor, find some.
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 09:22:14 PM »
We should be able to modify our vehicles so that they can ram through massive amounts of Zeds. If there is a big vehicle such as a truck or bus we could modify it to be a moving safehouse or a mobile fort.

Btw, wouldn't a perfectly new car not have this problem? I assume there would still be some in stores since most people wouldn't be thinking of getting a new car. There wouldn't be any gas in the tank since it's new, and we can just install a new car battery and hot wire it if we don't have the keys. I mean there has to be at least one unused car left in the world.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:28:06 PM by bone_breaker »

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 10:04:50 PM »
Dibs on the bus for mobile safe house.

Kayser

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 02:45:00 AM »
@Bob:
AWESOME! Where you found these? Are there more?

irish chevy

• I think I'll miss bacon most of all
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 08:14:51 PM »
Both are diesel and diesel can sit longer because of how it works. I mean there is biodiesel and with all the fast food joints in the city's one could potentially have an endless supply. Which brings me back to my idea of my fedex truck that I drive and deliver to hospitals so I'd be set on med supplies. Not to mention the terminal is by I-90 so I have ample supply of diesel if I hop on there
nothing good can come from living with normal people

All the crafting recipes are on this google doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApxE69ieWUJTdFZDaW1yQVk3TGVRZmNfM1FuRUY0d2c&usp=sharing

evilarsenal

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
cars should be implemented... this thread is only the beggining..........
"The first casualty of the conflict must be our own sentimentality... for its survival will mean our destruction." -Paul Redeker

bone_breaker

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 12:52:45 AM »
Would motorbikes be implemented? How do their mechanics work?

Capt. Stokes

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 12:42:13 AM »
I there are old reastraunts n civis n say we start cooking in the game greese could implemented and this is where crafting comes in. For all that don't already know which I doubt a lot know. Military vehicles, some cars, busses, vans, and trucks run on bio-deisle which is homemade fuel from grease and various different a ingriedients depending on if the fuel will be stronger. One strong fuel is by using old fuel and old oil.
When the world is in disaster the best survivor will be the wisest.

bone_breaker

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 03:43:36 AM »
I there are old reastraunts n civis n say we start cooking in the game greese could implemented and this is where crafting comes in. For all that don't already know which I doubt a lot know. Military vehicles, some cars, busses, vans, and trucks run on bio-deisle which is homemade fuel from grease and various different a ingriedients depending on if the fuel will be stronger. One strong fuel is by using old fuel and old oil.
Well, time to find a tank.

Gighy

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 04:42:12 AM »
Good luck traveling from place to place with the tank's fairly slower moving speed than other vehicles

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 07:46:44 AM »
Good luck traveling from place to place with the tank's fairly slower moving speed than other vehicles

Super loud as well, would attract a horde no doubt so when you run low on fuel you'd basically be trapped in an armored coffin.

bone_breaker

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »

Super loud as well, would attract a horde no doubt so when you run low on fuel you'd basically be trapped in an armored coffin.
Well it's better than getting stuck in a car.