Our Games > Survivor Z

Vehicles

(1/68) > >>

Ed:
A lot of people have asked me about vehicles in the game, maybe they see the survivors in 'Walking Dead" zipping around in their brand new cars and they wonder "why not me?"  Well I'm here to post a couple of thoughts I have on the subject.
This game premise takes place about one year after the collapse of society and complete loss of infrastructure.  That means that for a year, no power plants are running, no oil refineries are running, no Oil Pipelines are pumping, no gas trucks are delivering, and any surplus gas, from the big refineries right down to the last 1/4 of a tank in every car, moped and motorcycle is sitting, for 1 year, provided it wasn't used up, scavenged or siphoned in that 1 year period. 
So just for the sake of argument, let's say you do find a nice car with a full tank of 1 year old gas.  The keys are in it, the tires have held air, it all looks good.  Jump in and drive right?  I don't think so.  I hate to be a bummer, but have you ever let a car sit for three or four months without trying to start it?  It doesn't start about half the time, the battery is dead.  Well, wait a year, and the chances of that effectively increase ten fold. 
But forget the battery, let's say the car battery ignores the laws of physics.
The gasoline is likely turned to gel, as the volatile ingredients in gasoline evaporate and the solution separates over a fairly short amount of time, (2-3 months).  After a year, the tank is likely filled with what is essentially varnish, and water (from condensation). 

Sorry to be a downer here, but on the bright side, for those of you looking to increase your search range, I am introducing vehicles soon, they are non motorized, but will get you where you're going. 

E     

-asdf-:
Well as for the car battery, we already have that implemented
And with the gasoline, we could still just search for some and keep the realism of others... Such as replacing faulty parts on a car, DayZ style.

KKmainiac:
Wait a minute we have a choice of bikes or horses?

Death:

--- Quote from: KKmainiac on November 13, 2013, 12:47:35 PM ---Wait a minute we have a choice of bikes or horses?

--- End quote ---
scooters, OH and also,ed.......there are such flying airvehicles that require human manpower to get going....we could make that

god:
I concur with Ed. My first car sat in place for a year in my driveway before I could drive it and exactly what he described happened. I agree that it is unrealistic and should not be implemented. It is good to stick to realism as much as possible. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version