Author Topic: Chatroom  (Read 146033 times)

MackCothran12

Re: Chatroom
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »
I'm not looking for a spoiler, I just never heard of the mission, but thanks Ty & God

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
... Now he's just taunting me.
... and he knows it.
... jerk.  ;)

(Note: Above.  Healthy response to not getting every toy you might want to have in the game.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:50:15 AM by TyMoore »
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

MackCothran12

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 10:51:53 AM »
I want every single weapon and expansion now for FREE!! Jkjk

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 11:18:02 AM »
Thats the thing, we have "rare" items, items that almost nobody has (The Desert Eagle pistol, 40mm grenade launcher, are two examples.  They are not, and will never be IAPs. 

We discussed what to make available via IAP, and we had to strike a balance between making the game fun and enjoyable for everyone, as well as not making it so that anyone could buy their way to victory, so to speak.  Of course a person willing to buy 100 grenades may have some kind of advantage over another person, but thats not to say they will automatically win in all cases.  The PvP is a part of this game, but the really important part is that it's fun. 

I hope that everyone who played the M1A1 mission had fun.  YOu can rest assured the people that bought theirs didn't have as much fun as you did.  And I think thats the whole point. 

Ed
Any chance that these weapons won't be available to these players for PvP?
Think about it... who is to stop me from unwinding from a hard day at work by spending $10 buying a pile of grenades and, for fun, finding a Level 20 survivor and taking them out?  (Sorry about your weeks working on that character dude.) 

Truth is... I just don't want to try to outspend my grenade-toting, medpack laden, gator-autoshotty-wielding competitors in PvP.  Not fun.  I'm happy to pay you $20 to develop software... just ask for it.  There should be an option to players immune to anyone who has made an IAP.  (And potentially an appropriate disclaimer/warning to anyone choosing to engage in IAP that they may be tagged and restricted with regards to whom they can play against in the future.)  Or, put them in their own little universe where buying help during the apocalypse is an option.  The merchants during my apocalypse don't take Dollars, Euros, Yen, or American Express; they trade for bullets, food, water, and other goods.

Imagine how ridiculous, in game, it would have been if the armored van had rolled up offering to sell medpacks and was taking dollar bills... I would have told him to wait and looted the nearest bank.

CCoop... maybe; at least there you get to choose your friends and decide if you want to team up with someone who is buying their way through the apocalypse.

Actually, PvP is all figured out in terms of gameplay, and how the mechanics of it will work, and it's awesome.  The only reason it's not in is because we are still trying to figure out pretty much this very issue. First of all, the guy who spends $200 on IAPs is the least of your concern.  What about the guy who creates 3-4 accounts, runs through the prelude, loads up on tons of gear, and then "kills" all of his extra account and gains all their stuff>?  There are plenty of ways to exploit a game like this, so we are working on a comprehensive solution that protects players from exploits in terms of items/weapons, as well as makes sure it is fair and balanced in terms of the experience in general. 

It's a challenge, but what I expect we will do is start limiting things like how many items players can cary at once.  I mean, does it pass the smell test to carry what would be 2300 lbs of gear?  No. 

And to answer your earlier question, you only need one of each tool.  Throw away 125 of your 127 hammers, you won't need two, max.   Crafting is coming, and thats going to be almost as awesome as NPCs are. 

Slowly we creep. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
Awesome to hear that you're thinking about it.  Because I've chatted with some seriously smart & creative guys here.  And as true survivors, we've all demonstrated a certain moral flexibility that might cause issues if you leave loopholes open.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:33:03 AM by TyMoore »
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

MackCothran12

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 12:15:26 PM »
Who else treats Dave really carefully?
I'm like scared to bring him out of the safe house.
I think he will take up most of my supply of medical supply's.
On the other hand I wanna level him up.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »
Bring on The Dead

thock321

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 06:31:59 AM »
M1A1 mission? What's that? I don't have time to check around the forums.

Look around and see if you can find it... My only hint is "breakfast"
Hmmm...that reminds me of the anti-crack mission.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 06:50:06 AM »
I don't believe I've encountered a mission with crack in it yet hahaha

Tacticx95

• Global Moderator
  • Another new day
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 06:53:15 AM »
I found Dave yes!!
Y.G

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 06:59:40 AM »
I found Dave yes!!
Congrats! It's quite exciting to find him isn't it?

MackCothran12

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2013, 07:09:53 AM »
Shackle: The Cursed City is a good survival game for iOS

Treknishion

• Klaato Barrata Nikto!💀
    • Treknishion Softworks
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »
Yeah, Dave's been waiting for me to come back to the safehouse for a while now. I'm not sure if there is anything to even guard it from but I'm still afraid that one day I'll come back and find a dead Dave.
"Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun."-Ash "The Chosen One" Williams

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 07:34:34 AM »
Yeah, Dave's been waiting for me to come back to the safehouse for a while now. I'm not sure if there is anything to even guard it from but I'm still afraid that one day I'll come back and find a dead Dave.

Pvp doesn't exist yet so he has no chance of dying until that comes into existence

MackCothran12

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2013, 08:23:59 AM »
Does anyone know the age limit in GameStop for M-Rate games. Cause I was in Walmart just now getting dead island riptide and I had to have parental advisory.