Author Topic: Chatroom  (Read 140955 times)

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
Re: Chatroom
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
I've been deleting a few posts here and there, but only if they're grossly out of topic or pointless. I don't think I deleted any of yours, Omega.

MackCothran12

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
I hope you guys realize that what I really meant was "I want gators"...I know it's rare and it's pretty obvious seeing as they are special machetes.
I was not being sarcastic to you, I was just pointing out. No hard feelings

jburro

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 09:27:52 AM »
hmmm thought I posted but apparently it didn't go through so sorry if this message come up twice.
(hopefully it didn't get deleted, I don't think I posted any inappropriate information!)

What's everyone's progress like so far?  There aren't any official leaderboards yet so I thought it would be interesting to compare character progress.  Here's mine:

JBURRO
level 20. 80791 XP.
89 days above ground (Vancouver,Canada)
1 NPC found- Dave. I don't think he has levelled up at all, he's still using his cricket bat, haha!
Did a quick estimate yesterday- got about 1300+ items in safe house.  Rare items for me are: gators (3), riot shield (1), riot gauntlets (1 pair), 50 cal rifle (1), M1A night scope (1), crossbows (2), samurai sword (1).  I misplayed the mission where I should have gotten the laser sight handgun.

thock321

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 09:41:39 AM »
hmmm thought I posted but apparently it didn't go through so sorry if this message come up twice.
(hopefully it didn't get deleted, I don't think I posted any inappropriate information!)

What's everyone's progress like so far?  There aren't any official leaderboards yet so I thought it would be interesting to compare character progress.  Here's mine:

JBURRO
level 20. 80791 XP.
89 days above ground (Vancouver,Canada)
1 NPC found- Dave. I don't think he has levelled up at all, he's still using his cricket bat, haha!
Did a quick estimate yesterday- got about 1300+ items in safe house.  Rare items for me are: gators (3), riot shield (1), riot gauntlets (1 pair), 50 cal rifle (1), M1A night scope (1), crossbows (2), samurai sword (1).  I misplayed the mission where I should have gotten the laser sight handgun.
Which challenge is for the laser sight handgun?

Thock321
Level 9, 18304 xp
25 days above ground
NPCs: Dave
200+ items in safe house
Rare items (considering items I don't see often rare):
Gators (2) (decided to buy them with the med kits)
Auto Shotgun (1)
Crossbow (1)
Riot Shield (1)
Kevlar vest (1)
Riot helmet (1)
Gas mask (1)
Sawed off shotgun (2)
.50 cal rifle (2)
Assault rifle (3)
Semi auto pistol (1)
Revolver (2)
.44 magnum (3)
.22 magnum (3)
GPS (1)

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
TyMoore (Character name: Týr)
Level 24 (XP131000+)
29 Days Above Ground (Current Version, died once prior)
No NPC - Have not been able to play update because of inventory issues (crashed immediately every time)
Somewhere between 2,000-2,500 items?... see above, still in process of moving items; hard to count.
Rare Items:  Gators (0), Riot Shield (5), Riot Helmet (3), Riot Armor (1), .50 Cal (2), Crossbows (2), Samurai S. (1), M1A (1).  ... keep in mind that until last week these "rare" items were practially unobtainable, so until last week, I was doing really, really, well.

... so, what is the general concensus on the "tools".  Are most people keeping doubles/extras of them or dumping them?  Right now they seem like a burden, but the wisdom once shared by the developers was "keep it all"; I'm unsure if this is still the guidance they would give.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:50:57 AM by TyMoore »
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

jburro

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 09:58:34 AM »
I was keeping 1 copy of everything I had on me and dumping the rest in my safehouse.  However, after reading that eventually we'll have to move the majority of stuff to our safehouses anyway, yesterday I started to purge my character of pretty much everything except what I felt would be most useful.  So currently, on my character I'm carrying a few different guns, some med kits, and some tools that either I know I'll need all the time (bolt cutters, crowbar) or that I don't see that often and so might be mission specific (slinshot, bbgun).

Oh, and I should have included gps (1) in my list of rare items in my progress report. I haven't found a gas mask yet (I have a bunch of respirators), are they pretty rare? 

TyMoore

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
I suppose that it depends on your definition of rare.  Lots of things were truly rare until last week.  Then they started dropping like rain.  At this point, blankets may be more rare than some guns are. 

I wouldn't define anything that you can get through an IAP as rare.  In my opinion, all riot gear and Kevlar is now not rare.  Same for gators.  Same for the M1A.  (I felt especially cheated when I saw that as an IAP.)  Same for grenades.  You shouldn't be able to purchase "rare" items.  I think that the developers went a bit nuts with the IAP.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:21:30 AM by TyMoore »
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

jburro

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »
Same for the M1A.  (I felt especially cheated when I saw that as an IAP.) 

Me too.  That was a scary ass mission we had to play to get the M1A!

TyMoore

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
In my opinion IAP should have been reserved for resurrection or life-sustaining... not for super-equipping.  The point being to keep players alive who otherwise Darwin has selected for deletion.  If they want super-weapons, keep going out and look for them.  If you get low on health, put the game down for a day, heal up, and go out again tomorrow... don't plunk down $10 and buy a pile of armor, dual gators, a super sniper rifle, and boxload of first aid and grenades.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
Thats the thing, we have "rare" items, items that almost nobody has (The Desert Eagle pistol, 40mm grenade launcher, are two examples.  They are not, and will never be IAPs. 

We discussed what to make available via IAP, and we had to strike a balance between making the game fun and enjoyable for everyone, as well as not making it so that anyone could buy their way to victory, so to speak.  Of course a person willing to buy 100 grenades may have some kind of advantage over another person, but thats not to say they will automatically win in all cases.  The PvP is a part of this game, but the really important part is that it's fun. 

I hope that everyone who played the M1A1 mission had fun.  YOu can rest assured the people that bought theirs didn't have as much fun as you did.  And I think thats the whole point. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

MackCothran12

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 10:28:11 AM »
M1A1 mission? What's that? I don't have time to check around the forums.

TyMoore

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Thats the thing, we have "rare" items, items that almost nobody has (The Desert Eagle pistol, 40mm grenade launcher, are two examples.  They are not, and will never be IAPs. 

We discussed what to make available via IAP, and we had to strike a balance between making the game fun and enjoyable for everyone, as well as not making it so that anyone could buy their way to victory, so to speak.  Of course a person willing to buy 100 grenades may have some kind of advantage over another person, but thats not to say they will automatically win in all cases.  The PvP is a part of this game, but the really important part is that it's fun. 

I hope that everyone who played the M1A1 mission had fun.  YOu can rest assured the people that bought theirs didn't have as much fun as you did.  And I think thats the whole point. 

Ed
Any chance that these weapons won't be available to these players for PvP?
Think about it... who is to stop me from unwinding from a hard day at work by spending $10 buying a pile of grenades and, for fun, finding a Level 20 survivor and taking them out?  (Sorry about your weeks working on that character dude.) 

Truth is... I just don't want to try to outspend those cheating, grenade-toting, medpack-laden, gator-autoshotty-wielding competitors in PvP.  Not fun.  I'm happy to pay you $20 to develop software... just ask for it.  There should be an IAP to keep players immune to anyone who has made any OTHER IAP.  (And potentially an appropriate disclaimer/warning to anyone choosing to engage in IAP that they may be tagged and restricted with regards to whom they can play against in the future.)  Or, put these players in their own little universe where buying help during the apocalypse is an option.  The merchants during my apocalypse don't take Dollars, Euros, Yen, or American Express; they trade for bullets, food, water, and other goods.

CCoop... maybe; at least there you get to choose your friends and decide if you want to team up with someone who is buying their way through the apocalypse.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:15:11 AM by TyMoore »

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »

Look around and see if you can find it... My only hint is "breakfast"

TyMoore

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 10:31:12 AM »
It will not be referred to as the M1A1 mission.  But it was, prior to the update, one of the holy-grail missions for players.  I don't want to (nor should anyone else) post a spoiler on the forum connecting the dots here.  If someone wants a spoiler, PM me and I'll tell you.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »
Sorry guys I shan't reveil those details... I can say there is only one weapon I am missing and it has not been mentioned yet... Some of you may know to what I'm referring and I will not speak it's name so don't bother asking but when you find it you will know it was what I am speaking about now. Besides that I have at least one copy of every weapon and ammunition for said weapon.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:47:57 AM by god »