Author Topic: Question.  (Read 30727 times)

slejhamR

Re: Question
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2014, 07:32:33 PM »
For Ed, god, or any of the admins, I've got a few questions:

#1. In the winter, when it starts snowing rather, wouldn't the roads be impassible by vehicle, since there aren't any vehicles i.e. snowplows, salt trucks, etc. to maintain the roads?

#2. Would it be possible, in future updates, that large bodies of water, such as rivers, lakes, etc. could be used to collect water, which could then be purified using bleach, a water filter, a purifier, or by simply boiling it with a camp stove and skillet?

#3. Would it ever be possible to implement hunting into the game? I'm playing from a town that's surrounded by hunting areas, and I think it would be pretty cool if we could use a bow or crossbow for hunting deer, coyote, bears, and other large game, considering how we can't get arrows or bolts back once fired.

#4. Why not implement using substitutes in some crafting recipes. For example, in real life, for a water collector, if I didn't have a tarp to collect water, why couldn't I use some aluminum foil?

Just some questions I was wondering about.
How do I survive? Easy: Thinking, Conditioning, and Wearing a Bulletproof Vest at ALL Times.

That1Hunter

• I don't die, I survive
Re: Question.
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2014, 11:39:36 PM »
By the way i have a question; if you had put your supplies of food and water in a stronghold and the supplies wont decreased what does that mean if they is an answer
The reason food and water supplies in strongholds are not decreasing, is because there are no survivors. But if you have say, ten survivors in the stronghold, 10 days of supplies will Dissapear.
No i know that each survivor placed in a stronghold eats up the supplies but i only had 1 NPC inside the stronghold and the food wouldn't decreased, what does that mean
Probably just a glitch. I am only a user on this forum who has had lots of experience. Ask Ed or God for answers to this glitch/bug/error
Kk thank 4 the heads up Wolf Kid
No problem. Trust me, when you've been playing for a while, you know what to do and if it's a glitch or not

Tacticx95

• Global Moderator
  • Another new day
Re: Question
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »
For Ed, god, or any of the admins, I've got a few questions:

#1. In the winter, when it starts snowing rather, wouldn't the roads be impassible by vehicle, since there aren't any vehicles i.e. snowplows, salt trucks, etc. to maintain the roads?

#2. Would it be possible, in future updates, that large bodies of water, such as rivers, lakes, etc. could be used to collect water, which could then be purified using bleach, a water filter, a purifier, or by simply boiling it with a camp stove and skillet?

#3. Would it ever be possible to implement hunting into the game? I'm playing from a town that's surrounded by hunting areas, and I think it would be pretty cool if we could use a bow or crossbow for hunting deer, coyote, bears, and other large game, considering how we can't get arrows or bolts back once fired.

#4. Why not implement using substitutes in some crafting recipes. For example, in real life, for a water collector, if I didn't have a tarp to collect water, why couldn't I use some aluminum foil?

Just some questions I was wondering about.
these are really good ideas but adding all this to the game will be more difficult but I like the collecting water idea but using bleach to clean water will kill u but email these ideas to Service@mongadillo.com
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:49:54 PM by Tacticx95 »
Y.G

Finest_Potato

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2014, 03:30:59 PM »
If I buy a city pass and I live on where near the place the city pass is will it work or will I have to live near where the city pass is located.Ex:if I buy a San fransisco city pass will I have to live near San Fransisco?And if so can I travel there only once?

pinoy_bro

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2014, 03:49:45 PM »
If I buy a city pass and I live on where near the place the city pass is will it work or will I have to live near where the city pass is located.Ex:if I buy a San fransisco city pass will I have to live near San Fransisco?And if so can I travel there only once?
Technically ur at ur current location but where ur searching is at San Francisco

Newf

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
Hello forums,

Odds are this is buried somewhere, so I figured I would ask outright. I died during the Red Car scenario and used a second chance. I would like to try this scenario again to get Omar from the barn as I am collecting survivors. Is there a mechanism in place to try again?

Thanks for your time,

Newf

-asdf-

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2015, 02:30:42 PM »
Hello forums,

Odds are this is buried somewhere, so I figured I would ask outright. I died during the Red Car scenario and used a second chance. I would like to try this scenario again to get Omar from the barn as I am collecting survivors. Is there a mechanism in place to try again?

Thanks for your time,

Newf
Unfortunately, there is no mechanism in place to allow you to replay a challenge simply because you missed something. This is how the game works, and unless the red car challenge becomes an in app purchase encounter, you will be unable to get Omar. Sorry...

Newf

« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2015, 02:51:13 PM »
Most unfortunate. Thank you for your reply.

-asdf-

« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »
Most unfortunate. Thank you for your reply.
You're welcome

dmtaylor

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2015, 09:31:20 AM »
Since I can't start a new thread and whenever I search for this I am reading conflicting information: I have spent real life money on in app purchases: Big Drop & Second Chance for my character David_Taylor. After dying I looked up what happens to my purchases if I start over and read in one post that you get it back. So started over and no items. Looked up more in forums and some people are saying you donít get items back, some are being told they will but then having major problems with communication about if they are getting items back? So 1st of all can someone please confirm if I will be getting the in app purchases restored to my character? If there is currently a work load issue with this that is fine, I can wait as long as I get confirmation?

Second of all, these posts about this "start over+app purchases" issue seems to be mounting up and has me very concerned, when I 1st got this game I thought it was great, what a great Idea I was even contemplating purchasing all the challenges. Let me state this isn't a "bitch or moan" this is a case of me trying to find out if I have been conned out of my money and whether or not to report it to apple support to get this game flagged. It is crazy to think that the dev may be having to restore these items manually to each person who starts over? My suggestion would be; review the death options to this game, start back at lvl 0 but with all your gear or something because this is starting to become a disaster for not just the game but the devs reputation. Hoping for a timely reply and that it's all sorted soon. I want to continue to support this game but am waiting to see how this issue is dealt with.

FracksSake

• Administrator
  • Web and Graphic Design
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2015, 08:35:26 PM »
Since I can't start a new thread and whenever I search for this I am reading conflicting information: I have spent real life money on in app purchases: Big Drop & Second Chance for my character David_Taylor. After dying I looked up what happens to my purchases if I start over and read in one post that you get it back. So started over and no items. Looked up more in forums and some people are saying you don’t get items back, some are being told they will but then having major problems with communication about if they are getting items back? So 1st of all can someone please confirm if I will be getting the in app purchases restored to my character? If there is currently a work load issue with this that is fine, I can wait as long as I get confirmation?

Second of all, these posts about this "start over+app purchases" issue seems to be mounting up and has me very concerned, when I 1st got this game I thought it was great, what a great Idea I was even contemplating purchasing all the challenges. Let me state this isn't a "bitch or moan" this is a case of me trying to find out if I have been conned out of my money and whether or not to report it to apple support to get this game flagged. It is crazy to think that the dev may be having to restore these items manually to each person who starts over? My suggestion would be; review the death options to this game, start back at lvl 0 but with all your gear or something because this is starting to become a disaster for not just the game but the devs reputation. Hoping for a timely reply and that it's all sorted soon. I want to continue to support this game but am waiting to see how this issue is dealt with.

Hello,

This question has been answered by Ed on numerous occasions and there is a lot of conflicting information out there too from players who may have the wrong idea.  The official and correct answer again is that items in your inventory are lost when you die, period.  The only items you will not lose are non consumables, which are challenges.

The game has been available on the App Store for over 3 years and has, is, and will continue to be in compliance with Apple's policies.

Thank you.

-Chris
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:39:19 PM by FracksSake »
- Chris | aka ForFracksSake

dmtaylor

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2015, 02:45:14 PM »
Since I can't start a new thread and whenever I search for this I am reading conflicting information: I have spent real life money on in app purchases: Big Drop & Second Chance for my character David_Taylor. After dying I looked up what happens to my purchases if I start over and read in one post that you get it back. So started over and no items. Looked up more in forums and some people are saying you donít get items back, some are being told they will but then having major problems with communication about if they are getting items back? So 1st of all can someone please confirm if I will be getting the in app purchases restored to my character? If there is currently a work load issue with this that is fine, I can wait as long as I get confirmation?

Hello,

This question has been answered by Ed on numerous occasions and there is a lot of conflicting information out there too from players who may have the wrong idea.  The official and correct answer again is that items in your inventory are lost when you die, period.  The only items you will not lose are non consumables, which are challenges.

The game has been available on the App Store for over 3 years and has, is, and will continue to be in compliance with Apple's policies.

Thank you.

-Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris, should really have a warning before purchase informing of such or before a start over like "warning you will loose all items (including purchased)..." just a suggestion. However I personally feel its bad practice to punish players for the sake of realism when they have supported this project with real money, so I won't be playing anymore and will be mentioning it in a revised review. If this was the development decision with a major game/AAA game then the out cry would be noted accross every gaming site, you would have people like Angry Joe spitting fire on you tube and so on, you get my point. Hope the best for everyone but it's not for me and I imagine a fair few will feel the same

David

TheHunter

• It's good to be back.
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2015, 08:12:29 AM »

Hello,

Thank you.

-Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris, should really have a warning before purchase informing of such or before a start over like "warning you will loose all items (including purchased)..." just a suggestion. However I personally feel its bad practice to punish players for the sake of realism when they have supported this project with real money, so I won't be playing anymore and will be mentioning it in a revised review. If this was the development decision with a major game/AAA game then the out cry would be noted accross every gaming site, you would have people like Angry Joe spitting fire on you tube and so on, you get my point. Hope the best for everyone but it's not for me and I imagine a fair few will feel the same

David

You mention how a AAA game would not do this, and your right because no AAA game is like SZ. It's a mobile game, and it's fun. If it's not for you then that's ok, but the point is to not die, as most players know that dying ends with you losing your stuff(in most cases). It adds to the excitement of the game, and it is based around serious realism. Many players have been playing long enough and know how not to die. I've been playing since the game came out about two years ago and haven't dyed in about 700+ days. Again, if it's not for you, sorry, but thousands of players love this game and will not be turned down by a bit of realism. Also try the tutorial first as it clears up this misconception.

ForFracksSake

« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2015, 05:52:51 PM »
^ gets "it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CursetheSurvivor25

« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2015, 08:34:29 PM »
Why cant i scavenge places for raw material after i clear a place it says claim or leave unclaimed, then if i click claim it shows share fortify claim or leave unclaimed theres no scavenge and i want to start making fortifications please help