Author Topic: Question.  (Read 32525 times)

Urgou

Question.
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:32:15 PM »
Will our characters forever be moving around or is there a possibility of creating strongholds or returning to the original bunker?

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Re: Question.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »
Good question.  Yes, we are building out the game in coming months to include many new features.  Our thought process was that it would best to first introduce the player to game with the basic feature set, get players engaged and polish that and make sure the UX was perfect as we incrementally introduce new features.  We didn't want to introduce everything all at once, because we wanted the player experience to be a genuine learning process, as well as to guarantee the quality of the game components. 

To answer your question, yes, by the time you have leveled up you will be able to build strongholds, have NPCs allies, you will even be able to form alliances with other players, cooperative play and Player vs Player Mode, as well as leveling and crafting items are also planned for upcoming releases.

Players who are late comers to Survivor Z will be introduced to all these features in the same way as early adopters, in that we will limit functionality on lower level players, and enable advanced features as they level up, so that all players have a similar experience when starting out. 
Bring on The Dead

WhiskeyDelta

• Time to curb some zombies!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
Well thought out. The only question that comes to my mind is, what exactly would u constitute as a low level? Under 15? Under10? And also, do u guys have a lvl cap?
Zombies ain't much to look at once u scrape um off your boot heel

MackCothran12

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
Where did the chat forum go?

Treknishion

• Klaato Barrata Nikto!💀
    • Treknishion Softworks
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
Dang it, I've been playing for a while now and I'm still only level 7(go ahead and laugh guys). Curse my very low amount of 3G data and small amount of time I spend outside my house!
"Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun."-Ash "The Chosen One" Williams

ryan

• ZDay Code Ninja
  • Administrator
  • Admin - Dev
    • Three Jacks Software
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »
Dang it, I've been playing for a while now and I'm still only level 7(go ahead and laugh guys). Curse my very low amount of 3G data and small amount of time I spend outside my house!

So one note on v2.1 was that we did a pretty significant improvement on the amount of data transmitted, so the app should use less network bandwidth now.  Of course doing 1000's of searches will still eat up bytes, we're just being a bit more efficient now.

Ryan

Treknishion

• Klaato Barrata Nikto!💀
    • Treknishion Softworks
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 05:57:04 AM »
Thanks guys!
"Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun."-Ash "The Chosen One" Williams

MackCothran12

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 04:43:02 PM »
Who wants to hit me up at the beach? Maybe drink a milk or two?

Lord_duval

Trying to post...
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »
Hi guys !
I am a French zombie killer, I really enjoy this game.
But I have a question. Can we change our safe house ? Asking that because I am going to move house. 200 miles from my former house and my next house.
My survival is level 11, with 15 melee bonus, I found Dave, so I don t want to restart..
Please, tell me that we can, or will be able to change our safe house...

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
Re: Trying to post...
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Hi guys !
I am a French zombie killer, I really enjoy this game.
But I have a question. Can we change our safe house ? Asking that because I am going to move house. 200 miles from my former house and my next house.
My survival is level 11, with 15 melee bonus, I found Dave, so I don t want to restart..
Please, tell me that we can, or will be able to change our safe house...

It should be coming in the next update. Just be patient clear out that safehouse before you move and just hold on to the items to be safe and at the worst you'll just have to wait a few weeks

Lord_duval

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »
Thanks god ! ;)

thenewdarwin

• Time is all we have. Do not let it go to waste.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 11:28:24 PM »
As far as the second safe house, I am moving and was wondering when I make the second safe house will the inventories be doubled or will i lose all of my stuff when I go to the second one?

Thanks!
Romans 6:4 (NIV)

"We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
Second safehouses haven't been implemented yet so we can't really tell you for sure. But I would assume that what you had on your first one would stay in that one, not magically appear in the 2nd. And viceversa.

Lord_duval

About bags
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 04:42:04 AM »
In one post, you speak about bags...
But I didn't kaught every thing I think.
Do bags increase the number of things we can bring on with us ?
Where to put them ? In last line or with armor ? May be we must carry on duffle bag in one hand ?
Sorry if You repeat because of me...

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
Re: About bags
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »
In one post, you speak about bags...
But I didn't kaught every thing I think.
Do bags increase the number of things we can bring on with us ?
Where to put them ? In last line or with armor ? May be we must carry on duffle bag in one hand ?
Sorry if You repeat because of me...

They can be in the orange section. A second safehouse should be coming soon. Since you are moving so far, I would recommend the day you move to just load everything up and just wait unfortunately until you get the update you won't be able to search anything. It's unfortunate but you'll just have to be patient the developers are working hard to make every challenge and update as amazing as possible.