Author Topic: Suggest a new topic  (Read 121717 times)

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
Re: Suggest a new topic
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »
Sounds reasonable.  i hope that this will work, but...  We might be getting ahead of ourselves.  We still don't know how Coop or PvP will work.  We are assuming that we will be able to interact with, and trade with, players that live far away, but nothing is sure yet.  We need to know more before starting a Trade Bulletin Board.  Once that feature is enabled, and we know what information should be exchanged, we can set it up.
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »
Hm? Trade? No no, I mean location exchange, and possibly later on crafting knowledge exchange. Imagine a wall where survivors write up messages, as tips for others.

For example, I post;

Found an event on Payless Shoesource.

That would be a heads up for anyone who has that store anywhere near them to go check it out.

Tacticx95

• Global Moderator
  • Another new day
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »
Good idea
Y.G

TyMoore

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 11:23:28 PM »
Oh.  I like the idea, but...
Eds prior Caution was; Today's allies are Tomorrows competition.
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 07:19:02 AM »
Some people choose the wrong actions in events and end up dead. Isn't that a nice way to dispose of competition as well? xD

It would be like a survivor writing in a wall 'Store at the center of town sill has goods.' And when you come over, bam! The place is crammed with zeds and/or traps.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:20:41 AM by -Genocidal Wings- »

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 07:13:40 AM »
Anybody else?

TyMoore

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »
What would be really interesting would be is a post that says...
Go to the abandoned house.  Fight the zombie hoardes.  Keep fighting through the wave of 25 zombies.  Then a pot o' gold will be waiting for you at the end. ;)

<<<Just to be clear, much sarcasm was intended.>>>
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:27:08 PM by TyMoore »

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »
Anything works at this point xD

MacheteMachete

• Welcome to the Big House! - Interactive Challenge
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »
Hm? Trade? No no, I mean location exchange, and possibly later on crafting knowledge exchange. Imagine a wall where survivors write up messages, as tips for others.

For example, I post;

That would be a heads up for anyone who has that store anywhere near them to go check it out.

This is awesome. I very much like that idea. Dangerous too as it can be a trap.... I intend for it to be a trap ;)
Chop, Chop, let's go!

TyMoore

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »

For example, I post;

This is awesome. I very much like that idea. Dangerous too as it can be a trap.... I intend for it to be a trap ;)
That was my intention too.  Especially once PvP is up and running, unless I'm communicating with a specific individual via private message, I will most likely be luring you to your death.  Don't say I didn't warn you. 

Note: This warning is useless to those who don't read through the posts before spamming the boards with comments.

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »
xD maybe in a future upgrade we could somehow lure zeds to semi-generic locations, such as, once again - Payless Shoesource.

You lure zeds with maybe a dead animal or so. And anyone that logs into that location - anywhere else on the world - will find them. They stick around unless dealt with. Because players would be able to just run away from the place right?

TyMoore

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2013, 10:12:13 AM »
I wouldn't be particularly happy to wander into a random Payless Shoe store to find a hoarde of 100 zombies on top of me (unable to run away).  Unless the person setting the trap goes through a considerable amount of risk and cost to set this up.

Also, in terms of game realism, think of the amount of resources that would be necessary to attract a large number of zombies into a place without being injured, then contain them without being injured.

I would only be doing it if the trap would trigger in my general location, to kill hostile survivors in my area.
I'm not shooting the idea down, I just don't think that you should be able to mail your zombies away to another location far-far-away.  This kind of trap would, and should, spring locally.

(Which I recognize sucks for those of you not near lots of other players.)

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »
I have already ran into a challenge where someone trapped a large number of zombies in a store and I opened the store thinking treasure would be inside. It may or may not have been totally worth it so this type of thing may or may not be in existence already.

TyMoore

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2013, 11:31:10 AM »
I kind of felt that way about the pharmacy.  Of course, that had a decent, and somewhat rare, item inside... assuming you could find it and get back out again.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »
I kind of felt that way about the pharmacy.  Of course, that had a decent, and somewhat rare, item inside... assuming you could find it and get back out again.

I am not referring to the pharmacy. I enjoyed the pharmacy challenge after getting past the initial horde it just let me bump my melee up. This challenge was different than that.