Author Topic: Suggest a new topic  (Read 122963 times)

trusk

• "Good... Bad... I'm the guy with gun."
Re: Suggest a new topic
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 06:30:49 AM »
Ding ding ding! On your last one.

Please, make an effort and read the FAQ on the upper section before asking stuff that's already been answered. Crafting is still in the works.

Ha ha if this were Facebook, I would like that comment.

Ain't your nose such a nice shade of brown :)

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 07:01:53 AM »

Please, make an effort and read the FAQ on the upper section before asking stuff that's already been answered. Crafting is still in the works.

He's cool ;)

Omega

• I am the end of all things.
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »

Ha ha oh trusk. Please don't get mad at me because you couldn't follow the tutorial properly and now look the fool for not knowing something everyone else did/should from the start. Plus that's not an insult to me, as my complexion is brown.
I like to do two things. Chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

ImmortalFenix88

• My name on here is my Xbox Live gamertag
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 01:08:18 AM »
Ed I'm pissed! Joking but what a harsh game. *Spoilers*

Worked for a week and was almost level ten. Had a massive amount of health packs from hoarding guns and waiting for the Armored Van! Finally found a auto shotgun and the day after I found it I walk into a fast food joint and search then get caught by two guys. Stripped of my weapons and rolled off the back of a speeding truck to my death. Damn you!!! In the X Files tv show the rule is "Trust no one" and man did I learn that today. Ah what a good run cut short by the hope of meeting possible survivors. Geez Ed you play hard ball. Hope I know a survivor that is friendly when I meet them because this next play through....

No mercy.
Fenix

ImmortalFenix88

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 01:11:45 AM »
Also this was more of a comment and didnt see where to make a random statement.
Sorry if this is on the wrong board.
Fenix

trusk

• "Good... Bad... I'm the guy with gun."
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 01:36:49 AM »
Ed I'm pissed! Joking but what a harsh game. *Spoilers*

Worked for a week and was almost level ten. Had a massive amount of health packs from hoarding guns and waiting for the Armored Van! Finally found a auto shotgun and the day after I found it I walk into a fast food joint and search then get caught by two guys. Stripped of my weapons and rolled off the back of a speeding truck to my death. Damn you!!! In the X Files tv show the rule is "Trust no one" and man did I learn that today. Ah what a good run cut short by the hope of meeting possible survivors. Geez Ed you play hard ball. Hope I know a survivor that is friendly when I meet them because this next play through....

No mercy.

Haha, I was level 16 and got shot in the head at the Subway challenge.

Omega

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 01:43:47 AM »
A suggestion on a possible challenge whilst in the general area of Jersey, killing the cast of "Jersey Shore" zombiefied or survivors. I'd even be inclined to buy that as a DLC just because I despise that show so much ha ha
I like to do two things. Chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

ImmortalFenix88

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 01:56:39 AM »
Haha dibs in snooki, I think a nice Gator to the hair, you can't hit the brain as she doesn't posses one.
Fenix

Omega

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 06:26:58 AM »
A question for the team. When fighting using firearms, shouldn't you be able to empty a clip before the ending the round, that is to say, if I use a sub machine gun that has a clip size of 30, shouldn't I be able to shoot off thirty bullets on multiple enemies before having to use my second weapon?

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »
Well, we have taken into consideration both the rate of fire and reload rate (how long it takes to reload) when applying a "lethality" score to weapons.   When it comes to determining how many rounds you can expect to get off in a turn, we have to consider a few things.  For example, the submachine gun, we have modeled ours after a typical 9mm UZI, where clip size varies, the typical clip size is 32 rounds.  We have elected to model ours after the closed bolt automatic, which can fire something in excess of 900 rounds per minute, but we have attributed a rate of fire of 30 rounds for the game.  We take into account things like aiming, delay in targeting multiple opponents, and a controlled rate of fire, to insure accuracy vs an uncontrolled rate of fire, which may use a lot of bullets, will not provide the most accurate results. 

In the future we will allow weapon upgrades such as scopes, increased mag. capacity, etc.  While this will not affect our rate of fire, it will affect reload rate.  In general, you don't need to or want to use en tire clip on an opponent, as it is not needed. 

We don't take the decisions we make with regard lightly, a lot of thought and research went into our logarithms, but I appreciate the questions. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 10:20:02 PM »
New topic suggestion... or you can just keep this here, or move it elsewhere.
I recently made a change from the default option on this forum page that I've found very helpful.  It might be something that experienced forum junkies do automatically, but I'm a neophyte.

If you want the newest posts to be up front when you enter a forum topic,no more scrolling down, no more clicking to the last page of comments, then go to Profile>Modify Profile>Look and Layout; then check the box that says "Show most recent posts at top."

There are other options, I've just found this one to be a huge time-saver. ;D
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

Omega

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:30 AM »
Okay cool, thanks for clearing that up Ed. I know you guys aren't treating this game lightly and want to make this game the best that you can. It was just something that I was pondering over because I want to be able to kill multiple targets before they can get a chance to strike me, call me selfish ha ha

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
Okay cool, thanks for clearing that up Ed. I know you guys aren't treating this game lightly and want to make this game the best that you can. It was just something that I was pondering over because I want to be able to kill multiple targets before they can get a chance to strike me, call me selfish ha ha

No I get it.  We just want the game to favor realism over "video game" realism.  We want the treatment of targeting multiple moving targets with an automatic weapon to be as challenging as it might be in real life, as opposed to allowing players to spray the room and kill everyone with a headshot, which is at best, unrealistic.

E
Bring on The Dead

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 05:01:09 PM »
Guys, what do you all think about creating a thread here to exchange information?

In the game world, it would be like a wall, were several survivors 'help' out each other by sharing interesting tidbits. Of course in real life survivors might not be as helpful and provide you with clear instructions on where to get food and such.

Over here, we could probably share information on locations that have triggered events. Some of us have locales around that might have events in them, but since we don't know, we probably haven't thought about looking for that specific locale yet. I wouldn't have gone over to Denny's if I hadn't been told there was a challenge in there - you see, it's quite far. Later on we could probably share crafting recipes as well.

Well, what do you guys think? I'm sure some might not agree, but lets be honest - a lot of us probably haven't found anything for a while and would appreciate a heads up to an event or two lol. I could make the topic, provided people agree.

Tacticx95

• Global Moderator
  • Another new day
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2013, 08:17:09 PM »
I agree with u
Y.G