Author Topic: Suggest a new topic  (Read 121712 times)

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
Re: Suggest a new topic
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
Oh I am not angry just opposed. If the apocalypse did happen I would group up with a select few but I would not look for everyone to share my secrets. Make sense?

EDIT: though you guys I'm sure can decide without my opinion whether or not this is a great course of action.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:05:51 PM by god »

WhiskeyDelta

• Time to curb some zombies!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 01:44:09 AM »
*rubs eyes* anyone else's eyes hurt from reading that much? Everyone made good points.
Zombies ain't much to look at once u scrape um off your boot heel

trusk

• "Good... Bad... I'm the guy with gun."
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 02:49:43 AM »

edmundzilla

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 07:12:47 AM »
Oh I am not angry just opposed. If the apocalypse did happen I would group up with a select few but I would not look for everyone to share my secrets. Make sense?

EDIT: though you guys I'm sure can decide without my opinion whether or not this is a great course of action.

Oh, sorry about that. My mistake. I would probably group with a select few as well, though I don't know if the people I am friends with are the same ones that can handle the stress of a zombie apocalypse.

MacheteMachete

• Welcome to the Big House! - Interactive Challenge
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 06:54:50 AM »
Just a re-up to keep it on top.
Chop, Chop, let's go!

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »
I can understand that the real world isn't an equal playing field, and by definition, *this* world shouldn't be either. However, I'm not much of an expert, but most governments don't stop people from posting on the internet about where they got the best deals from, or how-to guides for doing things.

Another example would be if you're a car sales man (I'm not saying that you are) being angry at sites that guides people to get the best deal on buying a car. The car sales man hates those type of sites, but the rest of the community that reads it likes it.

I also don't think I'm in the minority. I think if people post information/guides/tips/whatever, other people would read it and probably appreciate it. Only a small minority that wants to be the best (though this game doesn't really have a who's the best) would get angry because they're no longer "the best". In this game, the best players in my opinion are not the most skilled, but the one's who started first, hoarded as many items as possible and have the highest level. If you had 100 medikits, it'll take a damn long time for you to die, but it doesn't mean you're exceptional.

Going back to the realism of this world, if there really is a zombie outbreak, I would rather group up and trust other people than go out by myself, it might lead me to die quicker, but at least there's safety in numbers.

We're just speculating on what PVP would look like, but for most games, I've always like to surround myself with a group of people, and information in most games are the tools to bond people together.

So, based on the above comment, what you want is guides on how to be a better player (since that's the kind of information available in the real world information age).  You aren't asking for anyone to tell you the future, exact information about challenges that lie ahead, etc.  But sharing "How To" information would be okay; for example how to take some fishing line and whistle to make a perimeter alarm or how to use a water filter.

Right?
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »
I agree with the forums being a good place to share tips on crafting,etc. 

I dont think its a good place to post spoilers.

Ed
Bring on The Dead

Omega

• I am the end of all things.
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 05:18:51 PM »
I agree with Ed. Spoilers is going to far. In-depth walkthroughs would just take away from the experience of the game. Perhaps just a list of locations that you can go to get special challenge events, but that's it, no spoilers to say, if you choose this option you'll get this, but if you choose this option you'll get this. I'm also a fan of the Information Age, but it would ruin the realism. Plus, once PvP comes out, we'd get to many overpowered newbies attacking each other and raiding everyone, preying on the weak, who didn't have to put in the hard yards like us few that were here from the beginning. A friend of mine also plays and I had no clue about the Gun Club until he told me, because we would deal with situations differently, hence more realism. Every action has a reaction, and its fun not knowing what's around the corner.
I like to do two things. Chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

trusk

• "Good... Bad... I'm the guy with gun."
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »
Ok then. Considering that I don't understand if crafting is possible yet, someone should create that thread.

LE: yep, read it. Not possible yet. Still think that a topic is a nice addition. And maybe a topic about general game discussions, not request or complains, just to share stuff (like I just found that you can extend the lower area of the screen in battle, and was like WOW, OMG, and so on) and ask questions, etc.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:42:08 AM by trusk »

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
I have also created a thread called "questions" in which you are supposed to post any questions about the game that come up.

alreadyexists!

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 04:06:18 PM »
Please make a topic about tools. :)

I'm a relatively newer player. I think I've restarted about 10 times from a couple deaths and figuring out how to get into the gun club. Something I haven't been able to understand is what the heck I'm suppose to do with all these orange things. I know how to use things on my character like the binocs and flashlights, but everything else is slowly getting stashed my safe house.

I've read around on the forums and from some random postings I can see that there are things you can make but I haven't the idea how to start. I imagine take two items, put them in your hands....and then what? Are you prompted to make something? Do you just try random combinations of tools hope you make it? Do you need to be in a certain area to make stuff? Do you have to learn how to make it first? Or is making things apart of a future patch to the game?

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »
Ding ding ding! On your last one.

Please, make an effort and read the FAQ on the upper section before asking stuff that's already been answered. Crafting is still in the works.

alreadyexists!

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »

Please, make an effort and read the FAQ on the upper section before asking stuff that's already been answered. Crafting is still in the works.

No need for the sarcasm sheesh. I'm new to the forums and the game and this was my first time posting. Nice welcome.

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 06:35:23 PM »
You're welcome ;P

Omega

• I am the end of all things.
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »

Ha ha if this were Facebook, I would like that comment.

(like I just found that you can extend the lower area of the screen in battle, and was like WOW, OMG, and so on) and ask questions, etc.
That was covered in the tutorial that is built into the game.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:10:36 AM by Omega »
I like to do two things. Chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum.