Author Topic: 1.2 Features FAQ  (Read 8982 times)

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
Re: 1.2 Features FAQ
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 01:51:06 PM »
Could someone please explain the double riot shield thing to me?  No offense with a lot of defense would get you nowhere fast.  Or, does it provide such incredible armor that you can chill while zombies try to munch on you?
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 02:07:54 PM »
I tried double riot shield. It gives 6 melee and with my already +14 I have 20 total. It can be effective but when more than 4 are there they seem to not be worth it. Perhaps when I get my melee bonus higher it will be worth it but for right now machete and riot shield to be more effective. When using 2 riot shields my armor is in the 80's and I still got damaged pretty good against 8-9 Zeds. They just aren't effective enough offensively

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 02:25:40 PM »
He's right, riot shields are capable of being used as weapons, but they aren't the most effective.  They are very good defensively, so try combining them with a good weapon, and you'll be pleased with the results. 
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »
Is the feature where zombies are appearing in greyed out places with increasing numbers each time you go back intentional? Lol

Yes, thats a server change we implemented this weekend, it's not a bug.  Read Ryan's post in Server Changes thread.

Ed   
Bring on The Dead

TyMoore

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »
I accidentally clicked on a greyed out tile.  23 zombies on top of me; wrong weapons equipped.  Quite interesting.
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 03:30:36 PM »
Yes they are and yes it should.

WhiskeyDelta

• Time to curb some zombies!
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »
Befor I joined the forum I dumped a bunch of extra/ duplicate items...   Wish I didn't now. Not to mention...  I don't have alot of ammo when I really look at it lol
Zombies ain't much to look at once u scrape um off your boot heel

ryan

• ZDay Code Ninja
  • Administrator
  • Admin - Dev
    • Three Jacks Software
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 06:52:49 PM »
Is the feature where zombies are appearing in greyed out places with increasing numbers each time you go back intentional? Lol

Actually yes it is.....go check out the "Server Updates" thread.  I posted a little info on this the other day.  Basically we're trying to model zombie post-apoc world as best we can, and one thing we all tend to agree on is that if you loiter in one area you will attract more zombies, or zombies will wander by and find you.

The greyed out action bar icons are just an indicator if you have searched the location in the recent past. 

Ryan

ryan

• ZDay Code Ninja
  • Administrator
  • Admin - Dev
    • Three Jacks Software
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2013, 07:05:12 PM »
I accidentally clicked on a greyed out tile.  23 zombies on top of me; wrong weapons equipped.  Quite interesting.

Hopefully you were able to escape.....My level 13 character was actually munched in a random encounter testing this feature.  We've tested and tweaked it quite a bit. 

Pay attention to the background bar under the inventory backpack....it will gradually change to indicate an increased zombie activity in the area.  I've attached a picture of the most severe status....if you status bar looks like this, expect lots of zombies. 

Ryan

Darkrajin

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »
Found two trading groups, one a randome challange, and the other a location based... Not going to say where, but, I'm pleased,

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »
I've also encountered 2 and I was rather pleased with them I mean definitely great for first encounter but I was really hoping for more options. I'll find them!

TyMoore

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »
Yes, I escaped.  I also found the GPS encounter (random) and the two trader encounters. 

I was hesitant to trade without knowing how future game mechanics will work.  Don't want to dump craft able items.  Don't want to trade away weapons if weapon breakage or wear become factors.  I'm not trading unless I must, or unless the trade seems outrageously good (and then I'm watching my back and keeping my best gun handy).

I'll also note that unless there is a disadvantage to carrying all my items, or I get an NPCS whom I can trust, I'm not leaving my stuff in an unguarded safe house... I've raided too many of those myself to trust that other survivors will leave my stuff alone.

vicng93

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 12:26:09 AM »
Hey Ed, I was wondering whether are you guys planning to add special challenges and locations for places outside of the States? Cause I live in South East Asia and most of the locations I get are just the generic ones.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40:42 AM »
Correct, a Melee weapon is any weapon that does not fire any sort of projectile. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:13 AM »
Two questions:
1. Can we trade with other players yet? Completely fine if we can't just curious since some form of trade is enabled.

2. Can other come to our safe house and take our belongings? Or are they completely safe from raids for right now?