Author Topic: So what tools can actually be used?  (Read 25660 times)

Dimelomai

So what tools can actually be used?
« on: March 14, 2013, 05:03:11 PM »
I checked the forum couldn't find anything on what tools are actually able to be used as of right now before the next update. From what I have seen so far only binoculars med kits and the claw hammer. I have a generator and ham radios and a ton of Walloon talkies just was wondering if any are actually able to be used in the game.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Re: So what tools can actually be used?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:22:21 PM »
There are several cases where things can be used, other than the aforementioned claw hammer and binocs.  I will not give away all their uses, because this is a survival game, but I will add that many items will be more useful in the soon-to-be released updates, where crafting is allowed. 

Like I have said, we designed a HUGE game, and we have decided to release it incrementally, to make sure we get it right, but also to make sure we don't overwhelm the players. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:51:24 AM »
Without getting in a conversation that is too specific (no spoilers).  I'm curious if anyone has found a use for antibiotics or the bandages found in one of the early encounters.  Are these commonplace at higher levels, and useful for character care?

I'm wondering if I should restart my level 6 character to go back for these... I'd hate to lose the option of keeping an NPC because I didn't have antibiotics that were available from only one place and couldn't save them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:54:54 AM by TyMoore »
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:33:45 AM »
Not spoiling anything, you don;t need to go back and start over, although I have restarted many times and it's just fun.  But you will have other opportunities to find these items, especially in Hospitals and pharmacies. 

E
Bring on The Dead

Dimelomai

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:29:52 AM »
Yeah you will find them again i happen to have 2 of them and like 10 med packs lol

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 07:11:21 AM »
I have 30 medkits.... I can't even seem to use them... I was hoping I could trade a whole bunch for a really special gun or armor or ally but so far no luck

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »
Is there a post office near you? 

If so, check it out. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »
Is there a post office near you? 

If so, check it out. 

Ed

I have checked out the post office but was reluctant to part with them. I will go look again to make sure I didn't miss anything with my plethora of medkits.

calek

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 09:22:41 AM »
The post office is so much better during a zombie apocolypse, not a queue in sight.

Khymera

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 09:23:57 AM »
As a side note to tymoore you can actually consume anti biotics and bandages like medkits, but I choose to save mine in case I run across an injured survivor as well as having a huge surplus of medkits

WhiskeyDelta

• Time to curb some zombies!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 01:32:18 AM »
The post office! That's like the one place I haven't looked in my city lol I'm gonna have to get on that.
Zombies ain't much to look at once u scrape um off your boot heel

Crasher28

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 08:21:08 PM »
Matches and gasoline, i know those can be used for one mission...it was.....amazingly amusing

Das14tiger

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 01:32:29 PM »
Im wondering what to do with the camp stove and plastic tubing? Also other items are a mystery like the watering hole mission i equipped the water jug item expecting to get water from the watering hole but no option popped up!
Never stop, never settle

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 02:43:26 PM »
Im wondering what to do with the camp stove and plastic tubing? Also other items are a mystery like the watering hole mission i equipped the water jug item expecting to get water from the watering hole but no option popped up!

I have used the camp stove already on a challenge and the game is not finish yet so keep at least one copy of an item because they will evtually have a use.

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 03:54:50 PM »
I haven't used any of the items other than the crowbar, flashlight, and rope.
I assume that, when the situation does arise where I could use something, that the text of the situation will provide a clue or cue.

I've not yet read anything that led me to believe that a camp stove or matches & gasoline would be useful... but I'm only Level 16.
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”