Author Topic: Guest access limited  (Read 2439 times)

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Guest access limited
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that we had to change the permissions for guests to the forum because of spam we have been getting lately.  It seems that if we allow guests to post replies or post new topics we get spammed to no end. 

So we have had to disable posting of any kind for guests, and limit that to forum members. 

Membership is free, we just have to have you jump through a captcha hoop to make sure you're not a bot, and then you are free to post or reply. 

We don't sell emails, but we have to do it this way, or the forums will just suck for all involved. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Re: Guest access limited
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 01:48:50 PM »
And I'm sorry I had accidentally changed the forums to "read only".  That was dumb.  Should be fixed now. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:49:27 PM »
Yes it is fixed now :-)

WhiskeyDelta

• Time to curb some zombies!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:11:10 AM »
I thought It was me...   I was like "great my graphic descriptions and killing zombies got me silenced" lol
Zombies ain't much to look at once u scrape um off your boot heel

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »
You weren't alone. I too thought my enthusiasm had earned a "time out" from a moderator.
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”