Author Topic: Latest News  (Read 37480 times)

Tacticx95

• Global Moderator
  • Another new day
Re: Latest News
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »
I can't wait for it
Y.G

-asdf-

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2013, 01:16:14 AM »
Based on what we've been told v 2.0 (not v 2.1) will be out early this month.  So SOON...
Soon is not soon enough! I can't wait, like most others

Jonnyboy182

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2013, 09:40:35 AM »
Based on what we've been told v 2.0 (not v 2.1) will be out early this month.  So SOON...
Soon is not soon enough! I can't wait, like most others

Add me to the list of those who cant wait. I'm super excited. I'm bummed that it doesnt work in a Galaxy S4.... Thats going to be my next phone, but I'm waiting for a few more months hoping it releases for the S4 in the near future. :)
Pick the color?  What is this Need for Speed?  No, this is the apocalypse.  If you manage to find a working car, it will be whatever color it is will be your favorite color.  And if you're lucky, you'll find a little tree air freshener you can hang from the mirror to mask the stench of death -ED-

-asdf-

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
Also, I killed someone then found a gun ending in p99, and it has laser sight, was he a recruitable NPC? Just wanted to check

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
Thank you for finally adding a gun with laser sight

This was added many months ago....

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Reload!!
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »
We are about to push the 2.1 release, a few new features, but this one may be the most significant. 

We have been tweaking the play/fight modes again, and have implemented a change that will effect fighting quite a bit, but will also add a bit of depth to the entire gaming experience. 

We have always tracked a weapons "max ammo" which means how many bullets or shells the gun holds before having to reload.  We all know the feeling when you point the gun and pull the trigger only to hear "click", but imagine what happens if you have 5 undead breathing down your throat and you hear that sound? 

From version 2.1, players will see a third button in the fight screen along with "fight" and "run" that says "reload".  Players will be responsible for what we call "shot count", in other words, the days of instant-auto reload are going away.  You can choose to reload if you get a little breathing room during a fight (when you have no opponents in "attack mode") or you can switch weapons (if possible).  But from 2.1 on, if you expend the bullets in your gun and don't reload, you will be using your gun as a melee weapon only.  And as much as I like pistol-whipping a zombie head into a puree as much as the next guy, it can get dangerous if you face an enemy in number. 

Cheers, happy hunting. 

Ed

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bring on The Dead

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2013, 01:36:23 AM »
...if you expend the bullets in your gun and don't reload, you will be using your gun as a melee weapon only.
Auto reload at the end of each encounter/fight?  Or must we spend a turn reloading before killing that last crawler?
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2013, 05:18:14 AM »
2.1 is out guys! Go get it!

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Re: PvP release
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2013, 10:55:50 AM »
I know that I have said that we are close so many times I don't even want to say it any more.  We are still close, but we are also still working.  I want all of you to understand first that I appreciate your patience, and not to make excuses, but to explain to all of you the reality of our situation so that you will hopefully understand this is not something we are taking lightly. 
I love designing this game, it's been and continues to be some of the most fun I have had in my 25+ year career as a serial entrepreneur and creative/designer.  But the fact is that we are just a handful of people, all of whom also have day jobs that we have to keep to pay the bills, with the exception of me, who is the only person who works on this all day every day, practically 70 hours a week.  Unfortunately, I'm a game designer, but not the developer on this project, this game's code is way over my head, and right now our devs are working hard in their available time on what is an incredibly major change to both the client and the server side of the game engine.  This update is essentially a major overhaul of how the game works and interacts with the player and the server.

We are focused right now on this release, and I hope it will be ready in the next week or so, but if in a week it isn't ready, we will keep working.  In the mean time, I am creating new content and releasing it as scheduled.  Including my new 6 part "Walking Dead" tribute, which will drop this weekend. 

Please be patient, we are not Rovio, we are not PopCap, we are a very small outfit running on a shoestring budget      and borrowed time.  Our hope is that after this release we will be 97% code complete, and other than a few incidental updates we will be ready to start really focusing on new content and world building for players.     

Thank you for your patience,

Ed
Bring on The Dead

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2013, 07:15:42 AM »
I have tidied to forums up a lot, all remaining threads that have been kept are either recent enough or have pertinent information in them. The next task is to update the faq which will take a few days. If you decide to peak in there when it's finished and see something I may have missed please feel free to pm me.

Thanks,

-G