Author Topic: Latest News  (Read 37204 times)

trusk

• "Good... Bad... I'm the guy with gun."
Re: Latest News
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 07:54:44 AM »
Did you finish it? I got scared when the guy found me, and ran away...

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
Somehow, I feel I could've saved them :\

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
Update 1.2.1
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 10:54:42 AM »
Yesterday Apple Approved and posted the 1.2.1 update to Survivor Z.  This is a recommended update for all users, as it addresses a few known issues with health kits not applying health correctly, and some other inventory management things, as well as a few enhancements to the fight mechanics, etc. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

jburro

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
A birdie told me that the easter bunny might have made a visit to Denny's....

omg...what a haul of loot!!!  Well written challenge, guys (love how the storyline started at Denny's and then branched out)!  I was so paranoid that I was gonna make the wrong decision (trusting too much in my luck and my weapons) and that all of my hard work playing the game (level 16, 46 days above ground)was gonna end up being for nothing after I got killed by rival survivors. 

I'm still not sure if I played the challenge right (did I just kill a bunch of good guys because of my gunslinger approach??) but I do know that I ended up walking away with a huge stash of weapons, ammo, etc!

Gutzz

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »
Argh no Denny's in Hong Kong T-T

trusk

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »

omg...what a haul of loot!!!  Well written challenge, guys (love how the storyline started at Denny's and then branched out)!  I was so paranoid that I was gonna make the wrong decision (trusting too much in my luck and my weapons) and that all of my hard work playing the game (level 16, 46 days above ground)was gonna end up being for nothing after I got killed by rival survivors. 

I'm still not sure if I played the challenge right (did I just kill a bunch of good guys because of my gunslinger approach??) but I do know that I ended up walking away with a huge stash of weapons, ammo, etc!

well sh*t. I ran away :((

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »

So that brings up a good point.  We will be making some DLC packs for challenges that you may have felt like you missed out on.  I sometimes feel like we need a "replay last challenge" option.  Thoughts? 

I will say this, running away may have been a good call, that was a dangerous encounter. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

trusk

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »
I'm scared stiff since I died at lvl 16 at the Subway challenge.

jburro

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 12:01:14 PM »

So that brings up a good point.  We will be making some DLC packs for challenges that you may have felt like you missed out on.  I sometimes feel like we need a "replay last challenge" option.  Thoughts? 

I will say this, running away may have been a good call, that was a dangerous encounter. 

Ed

I think DLC packs for missed or challenges or challenges we'd like to try again is a cool idea.  A "replay last challenge would obviously be great", however, not very realistic.  What made the Denny's challenge so fun/exciting for me was knowing I wouldn't have a second chance at getting it right and also that I could potentially lose everything I worked for.  I was so close to hitting the run button multiple times during the challenge and I thought all was lost near the end when I saw what I was up against! (thank goodness I had two submachines guns to dual-wield against all those guys)

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
Jburro hush on the details. You don't wanna give away the surprise ;-). Those of us who went balls out on the encounter know what the consequences and rewards are but don't give it away to those who haven't gotten to experience it yet.

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »
I appreciate that jburro, I agree with you, knowing you have a "do-over" in your pocket at all times would definitely change the way people approach situations.

Ed

Bring on The Dead

jburro

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »
Jburro hush on the details. You don't wanna give away the surprise ;-). Those of us who went balls out on the encounter know what the consequences and rewards are but don't give it away to those who haven't gotten to experience it yet.

Hahaha...a'ight my bad, my bad...

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 04:57:12 PM »

Ed
If you implement this, I'll likely play through with my backup character only for a couple reasons. 
   (1) After the fact (having read about the encounter), even if I was pretty sure I'd survive the encounter, I want to keep the main character "real"... as in I'd really not risk getting myself munched in an encounter where I wasn't initially sure there'd be a payout. 
   (2) There was probably a reason I ran in the first place; I'm not going to risk my main character.
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
I understand that, but do you really think that the so called "main" player profile that you hold back until you're sure the danger is "worth it" is really "real"?   After all in life there are no do-overs, and we certainly don;t get to try things once through before we commit to really doing them.   

Food for thought
E
Bring on The Dead

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »
I wish we got do-overs in RL xD It would come in handy oh so many times.