Author Topic: Contradiction to what Iv been told :P  (Read 15649 times)

WhiskeyDelta

• Time to curb some zombies!
Contradiction to what Iv been told :P
« on: March 10, 2013, 02:59:40 PM »
I know we where all told tha once u search an area that it remains empty, and I don't mean zombies lol I mean equipment, items, things of that nature. Well everyday I'm home or at work, even tho Iv cleared out everything in the surrounding area, I like to run around to places Iv been and crack brain bitters in the head with what ever tickles my fancy!          ...anyway, iv found new thing in places iv cleared at least 3-4 times now (search option pops up) the first time it happened I thought "huh, maybe I didn't clear that b4???" But it's happened to me a few times now. It's always a pleasant surprise, but I know some of u guys play this game alot and was wondering if that's ever happened to u?
Zombies ain't much to look at once u scrape um off your boot heel

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
Re: Contradiction to what Iv been told :P
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 04:44:03 PM »
It has happened to me. The game says survivors sometimes drop items so I can only assume this is what they are referring too.

TyMoore

• Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »
What what wha!?!?!
Now I don't need to wait until i can drive to random neighborhoods when I want to play.
“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 05:01:04 PM »
We have logic written for this that will allow you to find items or equipment in places you have searched before, but the chances of your finding an item is reduced.  We strive for realism, and there is always a chance, albeit small, it is a roll of the dice. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

WhiskeyDelta

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »
I wasn't complaining, it's a pleasant surprise. I just didn't know if it was just me or if other people's ad it the same. Good to know tho. Thanx Ed

Ed

• Creator, Survivor Z
  • Administrator
  • "Rule number 4: Double Tap"
    • ZDAYNow
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »
And actually, tonight we have implemented even more new logic that is going to make search results even more dynamic, as we continue to strive for as mush diversity and realism as we can create within the parameters of searching and fighting.  Be careful however, as we are currently also modulating how many zombies are attracted by repeatedly searching and/or fighting in a given area.  We are creating a "horde effect" that is meant to emulate the effects of too much activity in a given area. 

Exciting stuff indeed. 

Ed
Bring on The Dead

WhiskeyDelta

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 01:06:04 AM »
That's awesome. U da man Ed. I play alot of games and this one u guys got here is good and with all the stuff u guys got coming already and will have in the future is gonna make this game turbo legit. Iv been telling every1 I know to play this game. Pass the word to ur bros bro,  dam fine job, whiskeyDelta loves him some survivor Z.

ben5050

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28:53 AM »
I don't know if the adding more hordes was the best idea, now I have to stop playing because I get hordes of 100's of zombies. So now I can't play :/ plus it would be nice if we kept the items we were wearing as well. because most of us just go from home to work reviving is useless because every place has already been looted.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 09:40:09 AM »
I don't know if the adding more hordes was the best idea, now I have to stop playing because I get hordes of 100's of zombies. So now I can't play :/ plus it would be nice if we kept the items we were wearing as well. because most of us just go from home to work reviving is useless because every place has already been looted.

If you are being attacked by hordes of hundreds it means you are searching the same locations over and over and over again. You need to try to diversify and also if you run from fights because of too many zombies you need to relax and take a 4 hour break or drive somewhere else to be sure that you won't get mobbed.

-G

ben5050

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »
Ha that bumbs me out as I'm addicted to zombie survival games..hard to just stop.

god

• Administrator
  • Rule #1 "Cardio"
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 02:05:49 PM »
Ha that bumbs me out as I'm addicted to zombie survival games..hard to just stop.

I understand and couldn't agree more. If you don't want to wait you could buy some challenges and then play through those. Though almost everyone can be found in real life so just go for a drive and start looking somewhere new and you should find something interesting!

Sinker_BKK

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 03:21:25 AM »
I find that once ive searched something. There is nothing there the second time i search it MOST of the time. I Live in Thailand. Anyone else playing international?

-Genocidal Wings-

• -Mirage of Deceit-
  • -Betray all with the Flawed Image-
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 09:39:05 AM »
You should read up a bit before posting stuff. The game is set up so the more you search a specific place the less chances you have of finding something there. And yeah, I play kind of international.

krupper

• Shoot first, talk then.
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
Me 2. That is a part of the game logic and, I live in China.
The first nuclear war will be the last war.